It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Does this sound like Herpes to you?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
    millymermaid
    (female)

millymermaid HB User
    Unhappy Does this sound like Herpes to you?

I am 20 years old. I've had 5 sexual partners over the course of 2 and a half years. I have only been with two men this year. One I have slept with off and on for a few years and the other I just started seeing about 3 weeks ago.

I noticed a few days ago that I have what I at first thought to be razor burn. It's itchy, which is nothing unusual for me. I frequently get razor burn/itchiness and irritation from shaving. I also had just shaved my anus for the first time.

I have quite a few red bumps now. A few on my outer labia (2 or 3) and quite a few in the area between the vagina and anus (maybe 10?). They are not clustered, they all seem to be fairly spread out from each other.

They are not painful or causing me issues at all really. And they have not turned into blister form at all, just red bumps like bug bites. They've been there for about 6 days? I think. I tried to pop a few and all that came out was a bit of blood. The few that I tried to pop have scabbed over but there is really no change to the others. They aren't really raised at all.

They seem to be much less noticeable and irritated until I start messing with them. Which they then get a little bigger/stand out more, and they itch more.

They aren't really causing any pain/discomfort other than the itchiness. And I haven't noticed any other symptoms. I am usually tired feeling and achey, and I haven't even really noticed that the last few days. No fever, as far as I know. And no swollen glands/groin.

Like I said I just started seeing a new guy. I really like him but I'm afraid to have sex with him again bc I don't want to give it to anyone if it is HSV. If I had Herpes it would have been from the former guy. And I know he's been around a lot so honestly I wouldn't be surprised. I don't know how I could be so stupid. We always used condoms though, but I know that doesn't always keep you safe.

I don't have any health insurance and I only make minimum wage. The nearest herpes testing center is almost an hour away and isn't exactly cheap for someone on a budget like mine.

I have no idea what to do.
    Does this sound like it could be Herpes, even if the bumps are not full on blisters and are not clustered? How can I tell whether it's just razor burn or if it's an STD? I would love to think it's just razor burn and let it heal but I'm so scared I could infect someone else or have a really nasty OB.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2014, 08:18 PM   #2
    Jose z
    (male)

Jose z HB User
    Re: Does this sound like Herpes to you?

I would consider you visiting your local clinic for a full std check up. Herpes is a cold sore.

Closed Thread

Tags
    genital herpes, herpes, razor burn, sex, std