It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Did I dodge the bullet?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-06-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
    Lovechild90
    (female)

Lovechild90 HB User
    Did I dodge the bullet?

So I had protected sex and unprotected oral sex with a hsv infected male, I started freaking out when I saw red bumps on the mons pubis about 7 weeks after the possible exposure. It was a little itchy too. Additionally, my right groin lymph node was swollen. I would also get a few fever blisters in the mouth every now and then.I decided to get tested only for hsv-2. It came out negative, but that still didn't relieve my worries. 15 weeks after the possible exposure, I got the same red bumps on the mons pubis and it was a little itchy. It did go away in like 4 days. I decided to get tested again (15 weeks after possible exposure) for both hsv-1 and hsv-2. They both came out negative. I did the HerpeSelect test from Quest Diagnostics. How conclusive are my results? Do I have herpes? Are these symptoms of herpes? I keep thinking I still have it. My anxiety is super high right now. Should I get retested again?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    genital herpes, herpes, hsv1, hsv2, oral herpes