It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Genital herpes - first outbreak and IN AGONY. Any advice?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-31-2014, 10:27 AM   #1
    daisy50
    (female)

daisy50 HB User
    Unhappy Genital herpes - first outbreak and IN AGONY. Any advice?

I'm 19 years old. I was told that I probably have genital herpes when I visited the doctor a few days ago with pain downstairs. I am still waiting for the test results but all of my symptoms point towards herpes. I was totally shocked when I was told as my only boyfriend, who I am in a relationship with at the moment, did not know he had it and we have always used protection etc.. I cried for a long time when I was told and a few days on I still cry frequently. The only person I've told, other than my boyfriend, is my best friend but I feel that it may help to tell my mum once I have confirmation of the results as facing this alone is very difficult and depressing at times. Has anyone confided in their parents and could advise on this?

I feel disgusted in myself for getting herpes as I always associated herpes and other STDs with people who slept around etc. - I realise this was a very ignorant view for me to have but I had not researched it enough to realise the full facts about this and other STDs - but I have got this from my first sexual partner...it's very upsetting and I just wish I could go back in time to change things.

I was given a 5-day course of Aciclovir, of which I am now on the 3rd day of tablets. I feel that it has made no noticeable difference and my symptoms are much worse than they were when I visited the doctor. After reading various discussions online, I started taking ibuprofen to help ease the pain but, again, I have felt no difference.

My current symptoms:

- Red, painful lesions with white surface around lady parts and anus
    - Swollen labia
    - Swollen lymph nodes in groin
    - Pain when urinating
    - Fever
    - Headache

The swelling and pain from the lesions mean that I am virtually unable to walk, and if I do I have to do a very odd wide step, slow walk which looks ridiculous and hence I haven't left the house since my symptoms worsened...

Do the white surfaces of the lesions mean that they are beginning to heal? I have only noticed the white parts today so I'm hoping that this is a sign of healing - could anyone tell me the timeline for the healing process?

I read online that urinating in a warm bath can help to ease the pain but I couldn't stand getting into a warm bath as my lesions were stinging to the point where I was crying. The only bath I could stand was a cold one. Wiping my lady parts after urination/bathing is extremely painful too and so I resorted to using a cool hairdryer after bathing. Wiping after urination, I found blood and yellowish discharge coming from my lady parts, which also has a foul smell - is this normal?

I am at the point where I just want this all to be over. I have had to cancel many plans for the next few days as I feel too down and in pain to do anything. The pain is unbearable at times and trying to sleep at night is awful, meaning that I am up a lot during the night and then feel tired during the day. I am supposed to be going on holiday to Spain in a week and I am just praying that this outbreak has gone by then as I can't imagine having to cope with this whilst on holiday, and subsequently having to explain to the people I'm with what is wrong as it really does affect me in many ways, both emotionally and physically.

I've tried using baking soda on lesions - helped initially but caused agonising stinging during the night. Ordered tea tree oil online as I've heard it helps. Any other tips?

Is there any advice anyone can give me? How much longer will this last? Does it get better?

Thanks in advance,

One very in-pain sufferer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2014, 09:50 PM   #2
    BLUEBYU
    (male)

BLUEBYU HB UserBLUEBYU HB UserBLUEBYU HB User
    Re: Genital herpes - first outbreak and IN AGONY. Any advice?

Sorry to hear about HSV2, Ive read a lot on the topic, I will share what I have seen, start with ready study from below link-

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10782483

also- Eleutherococcus or Siberian ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus/Acanthopanax senticosus) -- Although not all studies agree, one 6-month study of 93 people with genital herpes found that Siberian ginseng reduced the frequency, severity, and duration of outbreaks

Monolaurin- is believed to have the potential to permanently inactivate the fat coated viruses that cause these diseases by fluidizing the lipids (fats) and phospholipids in their envelopes, leading to the disintegration of viral particles

Zinc -- is effective against HSV-1 and HSV-2

Lysine (1 - 3 g per day)

Old 09-11-2014, 04:21 PM   #3
    Faellie
    (female)

Faellie HB User

Hi,
    I know this post is a few months old and you are better but i was wondering how long it took you to heal. Ive been dealing with what may be herpes for two weeks now. Been on valxor for 5 day. I also have open white sores inside my whoo and around my anus. It finally doesnt hurt as much to pee but my sores on my anus make it unbearable to have a bowl movement. Ive been taking a laxative to try and help but i end up with 5 or 6 rounds close together and it just burns and hurts so bad. I wont see my obgyn for a few more weeks to see if this is herpes because it will be to painful to do a pelvic exam. Im also a cancer patent and take strong pain med which does bot touch the pain in my downstaira area. It seems we both have had a worse first case. Please tell me any advice you have and when will i be better? I hate that me and my husband cant have sex and i dont know right now if i just have it and its been dorment or if he gave it to me. This is horrible. I feel like i have stressed more over this which im trying not to then my stage 4 cancer

Old 09-14-2014, 07:13 AM   #4
    BLUEBYU
    (male)

BLUEBYU HB UserBLUEBYU HB UserBLUEBYU HB User

mine usually only lasts a week

Old 10-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #5
    miss daisey
    (female)

miss daisey HB User

I've used Gold Bond powder - it's given me relief from pain and also I think it heals up faster - I've had this for 30 years - please believe me, your life has a little hiccup but it's minor compared with other diseases you could get. The more stressed you are, the harder it is to heal, so relax and try to not think about it. Just keep the powder on it and keep it dry. Prayers for you!

Closed Thread

Tags
    genital herpes, herpes, outbreak, pain, sores