It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• how could I get herpes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
    ohsopretty1908
    (female)

ohsopretty1908 HB User
    Red face how could I get herpes

I always thought I was soooo smart. How could I get herpes? I'm twenty one years old and I have only been sexually active with one partner and we ALWAYS used a condom. That was over a year ago. Me being the careful person I am, I waited until the next time I was in a relationship to "do anything with anyone."
    Two weeks ago I slept over at my boyfriends house, and we started getting intimite. He takes out his penis and starts rubbing it over my vagina. I asked him if he had a condom, and he didn't so I told him I don't want to have sex. It all stopped there.
    The next night I'm at home and I have a weird feeling down there, I start itching and I start to feel sore. The next morning it ached to pee. It ached to pee for the next four days. At that point I took a mirror and looked down there, to see a bump. I was so confused. I then of course started my period (when it rains it pours right). Then I noticed MORE bumps. I was starting to get scared. then I went to the STD clinic. They couldn't check me because of my period but told me it PROBABLY wasn't herpes because they'd never seen a case where a day after exposure symptoms appeared.
    I went in again a week later and the doctor confirmed I have herpes.
    I cried and I cried because my whole life I've been careful. I didn't even have sex and I contracted herpes. I don't understand. I feel like my life is OVER.
    How will I EVER get pregnant without giving it to my husband.
    How will I have a baby worrying if I'll have an outbreak the whole time worrying about infecting the baby.
    I have sooo many worries.
    My bumps havent' even gone away (and they're pretty big too). They haven't popped and they;re just there. Most of the day I'm just uncomfortable not really in pain but sometimes I am. And falling asleep is the hardest I cannnooottt get comfortable at night.
    Peeing has somehow gotten easier.
    I do have a tip for anyone going thru their first outbreak COLD WATER. Keep a bottle of cold water next to you when you pee so if it starts to burn you can wash away the pee and it gives some relief to the burning. That's the only way I've been peeing for the past few days.
    I feel so dirty and I feel like I just want to be normal again.
    I just want this whole thing to go away.
    For good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2014, 09:03 PM   #2
    BLUEBYU
    (male)

BLUEBYU HB UserBLUEBYU HB UserBLUEBYU HB User
    Re: how could I get herpes

All the emotions you are feeling are normal and experienced by everyone that has it. Everyone's story is different but the bottom line is this disease does not have to define you. I think you will realize you can have a normal life with this disease, marry and have kids. Stay positive

Old 09-07-2014, 12:32 PM   #3
    seratonindriven
    (female)

seratonindriven HB User
    Re: how could I get herpes

Since its been a couple of months since you posted this, you probably have come more to terms with your diagnosis. I felt the same way when I found out I had 'the herps' (as my husband and I jokingly refer to it). I was having protected sex (condom) prior to contracting it. Anytime your skin touches an affected area, you are at risk. I was diagnosed before I met my husband and we have been having mostly unprotected sex (protected before we got married and wanted to get pregnant) for 13 years and he has never had any symptoms of the virus. We, of course, don't have sexual contact if I am symptomatic. Maybe its luck or maybe he has a super immune system, but we don't really even think about it or worry about it anymore. I delivered my son (now 13 years old) vaginally and didn't have any complications. Hopefully you are doing well and feeling better. Unfortunately it wont go away, but it does get easier to deal with once you know what the early signs are and how to stop it before it really starts. Acyclovir is a godsend Hang in there.

Closed Thread

Tags
    first outbreak, herpes