It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• About Herpes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2014, 04:16 PM   #1
    sunshine93
    (female)

sunshine93 HB User
    About Herpes

Okay so two weeks ago I had sex with this guy. Yes I know it was pretty stupid I should've used protection. But dumb me I didn't. So he left his book bag in my room so I went through his bag because it's in my house and I found anti itch cream, so then I freaked out thinking he has an std. I told my sis and she has herpes and she was like you can't put that on herpes it's would hurt like crazy so it's not for herpes or anything. So I asked him about it and he said he breaks out in rashes at times & swears he's clean. Well I sorta think he would lie to me because he lied about his age. He told me he was 19. And to come to find out he was 17 he just turned 18. Well I thought I felt like one bump done there on him but I wasn't sure. So a week later I catch a cold it started with a sore throat then runny nose and such but I didn't have a fever or anything. So I'm thinking I got the cold from my friends 8 months olds because they were sick and I was around them. So now I'm over my cold. But I do have vaginosis I'm on antibiotics now for it. I believe I got it before having sex with him. But besides that point I've been driving myself crazy thinking I have it. I looked up the symptoms over and over again and make myself think I have them when I really don't. Most sites say symptoms appear 2 to 14 days. Today is the 13th day and I don't have any itching or anything. Plus I've also read people with vaginosis are more prone to catching stds. So do you think I would have some sort of break out by now? I have a annual appointment on Thursday but I'm driving myself crazy and my sister swears I'm ok and if I had herpes I would know it. It's just she doesn't remember how long it took for her to get the symptoms cause it was so long ago. And also my friends friend got it and say she noticed it in like 2 days. I'm just freaking out. Someone please let me know something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2014, 05:25 AM   #2
    checkcheck12
    (male)

checkcheck12 HB User
    Re: About Herpes

heyy whats up sunshine.

You sound like me when I had scares in the past. It sounds like you're being paranoid. I'd say you don't have it. I actually got it like 2 weeks ago, and symptoms showed 2 - 3 days after, i knew it was herpes before i even went to the doctor. i had a slight fever and my muscles ached, fever blisters started on my mouth. If the dude said he didn't have it, he probably didn't have it... when you're going through the worry of possibly having something, you start to think up all these crazy possibilities which just adds to the worry and you start to convince yourself that you have something.

If you've had no symptoms at all, I'm gonna just say you don't have it. But as everyone says, make sure by getting tested for HSV-1 and HSV-2. Herpes isn't tested on standard sex checks, so make sure you ask for it.

I've got HSV-1 and just 2 weeks after having it, I really don't even care that much, at the start I did, but you just begin to realise that it's just a few sores that occasionally pop up but go away. It's really not such a big deal.

But anyways, I hope your test comes back negative. I'm sure you'll be fine just try to relax.. there's no point worrying about it until you know.

Good luck girlll.

Closed Thread