It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Herpes Tensions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #1
    AussieCanuck
    (female)

AussieCanuck HB User
    Unhappy Herpes Tensions

I've just recently been diagnosed with herpes. I haven't had a blood test done to determine the type but my doctor said it is definitely herpes just by looking at it. She said I could have contracted it from a chair - which I highly doubt.

As you can imagine, I am very emotional about the issue and stressed which probably doesn't help the situation. I'm in a lot of discomfort and taking a variety of meds. I can't seem to stop googling things and reading about it which is making it worse to some degree.

I am so confused about how I contracted the disease. I just arrived in Australia from Canada to live with my boyfriend of 8 months. We have been sexually active since the beginning.

Of course my initial reaction was that he cheated on me while we were apart. But, after talking with him about the subject, I don't believe this anymore and I completely trust him. That said, he's beginning to question me! I haven't slept with anyone else for the entire duration of our relationship. I did have a brazillian wax just days before I arrived. Considering (from what I've read) that initial outbreak usually occurs 2 to 10 days after infection, I can only narrow it down to either the wax or him having it lay dormant.

Either way I suppose it doesn't matter but I feel as though whenever it comes up we start playing the blame game. I told him that I would actually prefer it if I contracted it from him - that way I won't have to worry about giving it to him. He says he's going to get tested. But I'm fearing that if/when he does the test might come back negative and he will blame and even distrust me.

I've read online that if there are no symptoms, blood tests can come back negative even if the person in question does have the virus.

I'm really stressed about what this diagnosis is going to do to our relationship. When I think about it, it makes me cry. I'm stressed about everything - the pain, our sexlife, future outbreaks and how my type 1 diabetes will affect it. Sometimes - and I know how ridiculous this sounds but I'm feeling pretty pathetic at the moment - I think this is punishment for something.

Any advice for my scenario? I want my partner to trust me just as I've chosen to trust him but I don't know how and I really don't want this to cause a wedge between us.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    boyfriend troubles, herpes, herpes dating, herpes positive test, love