It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• HSV, it's not the end of your world.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #1
    JGY123
    (female)

JGY123 HB User
    HSV, it's not the end of your world.

Readers,
    I was recently diagnosed with herpes. Completely and utterly, the scariest thing that has even happened to me. I'm sure that if you're reading this, it is happening or has happened, to you. This post is not to whine, or for "poor me." This post is to let all of you going through this with me know, that this is not the end of your world and you are NOT alone.
    Life may seem like it's crumbling into pieces right now. You are probably scared and heartbroken, but do not fear. Herpes is not going to be the end of things. It's a disease, yes. But it is no different than the cold sores or fever blisters we get around our mouths. It is a skin condition. A skin condition which happens to be on your vagina. So yes, it seems gross. It seems horrible. But more people have this than you know. One out of five people have this disease. For those of you who are recently diagnosed like me, i'd like to share my story.
    Have you ever met a guy and you couldn't help but to just fall for right away? I have. Some say thats crazy, which it is. But i didn't care. When we first met, we flirted, back and forth. It was the anticipation that was making me really want him. Finally, after weeks of delicious flirting, we spent some actual time together. We talked, and watched a movie, and talked some more. I was having so much fun with this new "romantic interest." Sleepovers, dinner, movies (which we didn't watch). It was all so new and exciting. When it came to the point where we wanted to sleep together, I couldn't help but just do it. I wanted him, in every way. So we did it. We slept together..... and we slept together, and we slept together. I was hooked. I couldn't help myself. Things were going so well. One day he said something odd. He told me that his penis hurt. I thought nothing of it and we continued on as we were. Two weeks later I noticed what looked like a cut on my vagina. I thought maybe it was from having too much sex, or from having rough sex. So, I didn't worry too much. The next day it was worse. I couldn't walk. I was in so much pain down there and so scared. I was sweating and freezing and I had a headache the size of an elephant. So I went to the hospital, hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. I sat on the hospital bed waiting for my doctor. Finally when she came in and put my legs on the stirrups, she looked at me and I knew. I had asked her how bad it was and she said that when there are sores like that present on the vagina, it was usually herpes. I cried out and sobbed. My world was over. Thankfully, I have a family that supports me no matter what. I'm still recovering but I have an amazing support system standing by my side.
    I've still yet to tell him because I don't know how. I know for a fact that he is the one who gave me this "gift." But, i'm continuing with my life as normally as possible. I look at it in a positive way. Everything happens for a reason, and not to preach but, I believe that God has a plan for me. Something beyond my knowledge. Maybe this is how I was supposed to meet the man of my dreams. Maybe it was to shock me into life and having more self respect and to take care of my body. Who knows the reason, but I know that there IS a reason for everything and this new thing is a part of me. I have to learn to accept myself this way.
    The good news is that there is a small contraction percentage. There is a 4-8% chance of infecting a future partner. There is an even slimmer chance of 2-4% if i'm on medication and using a condom. However, when it comes to sex, always disclose this information. Your partner deserves to know. If I had the same done for me, I wouldn't be where I am right now. There will be a person that comes along in life and accepts me for me. For ALL of me, even this disease. I'm not giving up hope yet, and neither should you. HSV is not the end of your world. In fact, it is just the beginning.

Last edited by mod85; 10-06-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
    BLUEBYU
    (male)

BLUEBYU HB UserBLUEBYU HB UserBLUEBYU HB User
    Re: HSV, it's not the end of your world.

well put, and your right there are a lot more people out there suffering from worst things to stay depressed...

Closed Thread

Tags
    genital herpes, herpes, hsv2, womens health