It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• Many Questions! Need Insight!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
    Helloherpes
    (female)

Helloherpes HB User
    Angry Many Questions! Need Insight!

So I was just diagnosed with ghsv1 a little over 3 months ago from a pos hsv1 and neg hsv2 culture, I do know that ghsv1 is suppose to occur infrequently but that has not been my case at all I have gotten constant outbreaks around my anus and vaginal area even on suppressive therapy with Acyclovir 400 mg twice per day and treating the outbreaks with 500 mg Valtrex twice per day for 3 days.. Could this be hsv2 also? I know the test came back neg on the culture for hsv2 but could there have been a mistake? Is anyone else dealing with chronic outbreaks with ghsv1?? Please I'm in need of answers I'd be grateful for anyone that reaches out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #2
    Helloherpes
    (female)

Helloherpes HB User
    Thumbs down Re: Many Questions! Need Insight!

So glad I was given feed back wow

Old 10-23-2014, 07:14 PM   #3
    The Cursed One
    (female)

The Cursed One HB User
    Re: Many Questions! Need Insight!

I'm a bit new to all of this myself but from my research It seems that some of the things that could cause frequent outbreaks are lots of friction (guess there is such a thing as too much fun.), hormonal fluctuation, weak or damaged immune systems (One popular one is a Gastric bypass which tends to cause an iron deficiency which in turn causes the immune system to weaken greatly.), and being very stressed (judging from your second comment I would say this one might be effecting you but on the other hand maybe you are normally not a stressy person).

That's all I have for now. Hope it helped at least a little. I went through the first three months of my infected stage of my cursed existence in a super deep depression alone with a couple of brothers who's social skills are primarily comprised of belittlement and ridicule... I was pulled out of it by my most blundersome brother when he said the most wrong thing at the worst possible time. This act instantly turned my depression into an equally spectacular rage that sent him... well... running for his life. Fortunately, he was able to quickly asses his predicament and ran quite fast for cover.

Yes, I took it a bit hard.

I hope my little tale brought a little smile to you.

Last edited by The Cursed One; 10-27-2014 at 03:23 AM.

Reply Reply

Tags
    genital herpes, genital hsv1, herpes confused