It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board

• lubricant reaction or herpes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-29-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
    DiscoDon
    (male)

DiscoDon HB User
    lubricant reaction or herpes

So I did what most men do and masturbated one evening. I had found a sexual flavor/scented strawberry lubricant in my closet and used it.
    A few days later I developed a slight burning sensation at the tip of my penis while peeing. My first thought was a bacterial infection was beginning to occur. (As this has happened with a lubricant back in 2013). I began drinking tons of water and cranberry juice hoping to get rid of it. This went on for about 4 days.
    Day 5 I noticed 3 small pimples forming... all on separate sides of the shaft. No clusters. Just a small whitehead.
    Day 8 I went to walk-in clinic. I now have 3 more on the head of penis. The doc takes a look and said its not std. Asks about my hygiene and my girlfriend's hygiene, which is totally fine and nothing wrong. Asks about expiration date of lubricant....
    Blood was taken and urine too. Waiting for blood results.
    Went home and checked exp date on lube and it expired in 2006, 9 years ago! My bad
    Day 12 go to dermatologist. Her response is "oh im so sorry, looks like u have herpes. Im gonna take a culture". Told her about lube... she takes another look and says maybe it is something else.. I forget her exact terminology.
    With this visit there were more visible pimples. I think a total of 6.
    Here is a list of my symptoms:
    swollen lymph nodes in groin
    slight burning while peeing.

There is no itching, burning, blistering, oozing, crusting, no pain at all. No clusters of blisters either. Just small pimples with a fine whitehead up and down both sides of shaft and on top all spaced a good amount apart.

My question. .. reaction to old lube or herpes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-30-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
    maxpow99
    (male)

maxpow99 HB Usermaxpow99 HB User
    Re: lubricant reaction or herpes

9 years expired!!!! Wow. That is some old lube. Sounds like a bad reaction. The scented stuff bothers me the same way. I have maybe had 5 experiences like the one you're having, always after lube and/or condoms I am not used to. I prefer not to use either.

I have found sunblock, shampoo, and some conditioners to cause the same issues. And highly fragrant lotions. Don't beat yourself up too bad!

Old 01-30-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
    DiscoDon
    (male)

DiscoDon HB User

Thanks for your input.
    Im 31 years old with sexually active past. I've been in committed relationship for 2 years. Now my girlfriend has it. Can a bacterial/fungi infection be passed like this?
    She doesnt have any of the primary symptoms either. It only itches when she tried to squeeze it... that's it. She also had a culture done so we have to wait for another week.

Old 01-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #4
    maxpow99
    (male)

maxpow99 HB Usermaxpow99 HB User

That is interesting. I have never passed it. Not sure you can even pass something like that, but probably a possibility.

Closed Thread

Tags
    blisters, herpes, lubricant, pimples, scared