It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board

• Statins cut the Risk of Cancer

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2005, 01:45 PM   #16
    HubbleRules
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

HubbleRules HB User
    Re: Statins cut the Risk of Cancer

Quote:
    Originally Posted by happybunny
    If it were not for Lipitor I might well have been dead by now due to my severe blockages and high cholesterol. For me it is fairly easy to do the equation. I can see that for someone with just a slightly high cholesterol the situation is incredibly harder to balance. If in any way I could get away with it I would avoid medication of any kind.
    Happybunny,

It is quite clear that given your history of CHD - you HAVE TO be on a statin to get your cholesterol under control, and, probably more importantly, to benefit from their anti-inflammatory properties.

Keep up the lifestyle and diet improvements also, and consider CoQ10 to help reduce any possibility of statin-induced muscle problems.

I'd also take some other advice from the board to heart, and eat more fish, take Omega-3 Fish Oil supplements, Vitamin-C and L-Lysine, exercise regularly if at all possible.

The risk of statin side effects is a moot point with your CHD history. You don't have a choice...

Hope Lipitor works out well for you.

HubbleRules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2005, 07:31 PM   #17
    ARIZONA73
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB UserARIZONA73 HB User

Happybunny,

Neurontin may help some people with peripheral neuropathy, but it can be a disaster for others. My father was prescribed Neurontin after he developed peripheral neuropathy, probably as a result of taking Zocor. Well, all it did was just add to his pain and discomfort. He used to wake up in the middle of the night with sharp stabbing pains in his foot. After putting up with this agony for several weeks, he finally quit taking Neurontin, and shortly after that he quit the Zocor as well. His condition has since improved, and these sharp stabbing pains no longer awaken him at night. Doctors are apt to kill you if you are not careful and mindful of what is happening.

Old 05-17-2005, 08:31 PM   #18
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Arizona..They had my husband on Amitriptoline for quite awhile for his peripheral neuropathy but he got very bad dry mouth from it, so they switched him last month. I can't remember what they have him on now, will have to ask, but it is helping alot better. Good grief, they give U one thing and then U have to take something else to combat that, what a vicious cycle.

Like U said, these are suppose to be the GOLDEN YEARS, don't lose them...

BTW..I liked your lil signature thing about only adults have problems with child proof caps, how true....

Last edited by JJ; 05-17-2005 at 08:32 PM.

Closed Thread