It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High Cholesterol Message Board

• very high trig. elevated liver enzymes

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-02-2007, 09:46 PM   #1
    jansonlygirl
    (female)

jansonlygirl HB Userjansonlygirl HB User
    Exclamation very high trig. elevated liver enzymes

recent blood tests show very high trig. 777, and slightly elevated liver enzymes.
    3 years ago tc was high but trigs. were fine..
    i have not gained any weight over the years but am prone to extra tummy fat.
    i do drink 4 glasses of red wine a night, so i don't know if it is the alcohol or the high trig. that has liver enzymes up, doc said it could be either.
    high trig. runs in the family, so it 6 of one half dozen of the other...
    have always been a 'drinker' but actually drink less now than i did 5 years ago.
    she has put me on Advicor, said she has seen great results from it, and told me to try to cut back on the wine
    re test for liver in 6 weeks re test tc in 3 months.
    any thoughts much appreciated!

The following user gives a hug of support to jansonlygirl:
    mtsen (07-11-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2007, 05:59 AM   #2
    Lutheran122
    Inactive
    (male)

Lutheran122 HB User
    Wink Re: very high trig. elevated liver enzymes

Cut down to 2 glasses if possible ( and don't cheat , use the same glass size you do now ) The other night I ordered a bloody mary from some restaurant and it was served in a glass that was almost a foot tall.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 AM   #3
    Guy1_USA
    Inactive
    (male)

Guy1_USA HB User
    Re: very high trig. elevated liver enzymes

Booze is the biggest raiser of TG's there is... followed by sugar... then followed by carbs.

And booze can also raise your liver emzimes.

You are in the same place I am... I like to enjoy a few cocktails in the evening... but I've cut those down to two or three nights a weeks and my TG's improved significantly. I also try to keep away from flour and rice or products made from them like pasta and bread

Sorry about the Booze News...

Good luck.

Closed Thread