It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Wacky Blood Pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #1
    thomasroy
    (male)

thomasroy HB User
    Question Wacky Blood Pressure

BP right is 105/58, pulse 72. Is that okay? I'm age 70, finally quit smoking Tuesday after 55 years of smoking, loving being smoke free. But oddly had an Afib *attack* Wednesday morning. Doc gave me propafenone, which worked. Taking 100 mgs daily metoprolol and 100 mgs losartan, and went out to dinner and A beer and A bloody mary. Feel pretty good, actually, BUT...I worry that the bp might be TOO low? I'm used to the BAD readings of 160/105. Hahahaha.
    Seriously, what IS too low BP?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2015, 07:23 PM   #2
    MsIsuzu
    (female)

MsIsuzu HB User
    Re: Wacky Blood Pressure

I think too low is if you actually pass out...lol! I am on a low dose of 5 mg lisinopril but I keep getting low readings at times. The lowest I got was 96/58 but the doc didn't think it was a concern because all other times my readings range from 110/70 to 134/86. I still get an occasional high reading but it seems to coincid with a particular time in my hormonal cycle.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:25 PM   #3
    Uff-Da!
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User
    Re: Wacky Blood Pressure

Your blood pressure is too low if it causes you to get dizzy. I used to get dizzy whenever my systolic BP got below 105. But my doctor changed my BP meds and with the current ones, I've had BP as low as 88/46 without getting dizzy. I do get lethargic when my SBP gets under about 100, though. So what I did last year was in the spring when I started getting more exercise working in the yard (which lowered my BP), I asked my doctor to reduce my meds. Then in the fall again, I needed to have them bumped back up. I can already see that I'll soon need to have them reduced again.

I suggest that if your BP is getting so low as to becoming dizzy or lethargic, that you might want your meds reduced, too. But BP meds have to be adjusted gradually. Making drastic changes can bring on an a-fib attack by itself.

Closed Thread

Tags
    afib, atrial fibrillation, atrial flutter, blood pressure, pulse rate