It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Can i raise my bp dosage safely ??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-24-2018, 03:39 PM   #1
    Robertrb
    (male)

Robertrb HB User
    Can i raise my bp dosage safely ??

Ive been on Lisinopril for 8 months and my BP which started at 170/94 went down and down and my Doctor gradually decreased the dosage from 20mg to 10, then 5, and finally 2.5 which ive been on last 2 months. Up until 4 weeks ago my BP would daily average 117/76
    I went on a cruise overseas then continued the vacation for 2 weeks in Massachusetts, did alot of flying as well. Came home finally 2 days ago, and since then my BP suddenly through the roof average 178/93 although yesterday it did eventually go down to 131/82 three readings in a row. Today back up high.
    Last night I took 5mg instead of 2.5. Is it ok for me to increase that on my own? My problem is my previous doctor retired, and when I made appt with new doctor, that is not until Tuesday, so i cant seem to get an answer. If its safe, can i even up it to 10mg? Also peeing alot more last 3 weeks (trip anxiety?)Please advise if ok to increase BP .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2018, 05:57 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Can i raise my bp dosage safely ??

I would wait. Can you email the doctor? I did that with mine and listed all my readings and heart rates. She increased my dosage without going in the office at all.

Old 08-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #3
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Back in 1998, my blood pressure was out of control and my cardiologist's efforts were not getting my blood pressure down to safe levels. So... I decided to take control over my medications. I had a bunch of Coreg (beta blocker), Accupril (ace inhibitor), Slow release Nitro, Lasix. I started increasing the medications and tracked the results by taking my blood pressure an average of seven times a day.

From 1998 thru 2004, although I constantly experimented with my meds, I had limited success getting my blood pressure down to healthy levels. I finally figured out that my chronically high blood pressure was, in large part, caused by my diet.

Currently I decide exactly what meds I take and the dosages.

I am not suggesting that you experiment with your meds without your doctor's supervision. I am just posting my experience.

Best of luck and health, Bob

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 08-25-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #4
    Robertrb
    (male)

Robertrb HB User

thanks, i did consult with a doctor and found out i could raise it over the course of a few days from 2.5 now its 7 and BP seems to be on the improve

Old 08-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #5
    Robertrb
    (male)

Robertrb HB User

Thanks Bob, no question my diet on this vacation went South, way too much salt plus too much food led to high BP, Id been really doing well for a year prior, watching what i ate, no salt, etc. The BP is going in the right direction pretty quick with a slight increase in MG plus back to eating smart again

The following user gives a hug of support to Robertrb:
    Machaon (08-28-2018)
    Old 08-27-2018, 01:24 PM   #6
    Robertrb
    (male)

Robertrb HB User

thanks, i did consult a doctor and he said increase the mg slowly over a few days time.

Reply Reply

Tags
    frequent urination, high blood pressure