It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• High Blood Pressure/Ears buzzing

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-12-2019, 06:49 PM   #1
    DHerald
    (male)

DHerald HB User
    High Blood Pressure/Ears buzzing

Has anyone here had any experience with ears ringing or buzzing from HPB? I've been going through quite a bit of stress lately with both ears ringing and buzzing. HPB runs in my family and i seem to remember that some complained of buzzing ears when their HPB was out of control.

I've never been treated for HPB before but with all the stress my BP has been running at 165/100. I'd be grateful for any comments. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2019, 01:56 PM   #2
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
    Re: High Blood Pressure/Ears buzzing

It's definitely possible. The 100 diastolic is worrisome. Are you on other meds? Sinus issues or a cold or other viruses can cause tinnitis. Some with chronic tinnitis have varying cause....have you had that checked out specifically?

q

The Following User Says Thank You to quincy For This Useful Post:
    DHerald (01-13-2019)
    Old 01-13-2019, 02:35 PM   #3
    DHerald
    (male)

DHerald HB User

I've got an appointment with ENT doc and by own GP tomorrow so should find out more. Thanks for your reply.

Old 01-13-2019, 09:50 PM   #4
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Welcome...are you on hbp meds?

Please give an update.

q

Old 01-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
    DHerald
    (male)

DHerald HB User

I haven't been on them before. HPB runs in the family though and I'm 57.
    My GP gave me a 50 mg prescription for Meteprolol. I've taken it yesterday and today but BP is still high as ever ---I called in and they told me it takes 4 or 5 days to work fully. I'm going though some anxiety and strain at the moment which is adding to this. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:32 AM   #6
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DHerald View Post
    my BP has been running at 165/100 ... I'm 57.
    You are getting to the age where "healthy" diet and exercise become increasingly important.

Are you overweight? Do you consume a lot of carbs? Snack? Alcohol?

Any allergies?

How are your blood sugar levels in the morning and two hours after eating?

⇒ My cheap asthma inhaler is Fluticasone Nasal Spray!
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 600 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #7
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi DHerald....I can relate to the family history and needing to be on meds. It does take a bit of time for them to do their thing.....the changes for me were in a few days, but eventually I needed to be on a cholesterol med as well (I also have an autoimmune liver disease).

It's hit and miss regarding meds. Do you have a follow-up appt with your doc?

I purchased a wrist bp monitor and brought it to my appointment to see how it matches with the one at my doctors.....bang on. So it might be good for you to keep a daily of various times.

Regarding anxiety....some bp meds also can help with anxiety-related physiological symptoms.

Keep us updated on how you're doing.

q

Old 01-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #8
    DHerald
    (male)

DHerald HB User

Thanks for responding and advice. I have some weight to lose here for sure. Not feeling as stressed at the current time and my BP readings have improved.

The following user gives a hug of support to DHerald:
    quincy (01-20-2019)
    Old 01-20-2019, 11:41 AM   #9
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Good you are seeing improvement.
    How about the buzzing in your ears?

If you are making diet changes....start with the most obvious. Regarding exercise....start slow with one or two things. It's difficult to make a huge change and expect it to continue.

q

Reply Reply