It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Norvasc low blood pressure

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-23-2019, 09:24 AM   #1
    Crablegs
    (female)

Crablegs HB User
    Norvasc low blood pressure

Anyone have any experience with Norsvac or any other BP med and it worked too well? Doctor added Norvasc to my Lisinopril last week and after a week my blood pressure has dropped from 160/90 in his office to 106/59 for me today. He told me it would take a week to work but wow is this too much. I am so used to my pressure being high that maybe this is normal now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2019, 07:16 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Norvasc low blood pressure

Information I read, written by a cardiologist, said that there's no such thing as too low unless you have symptoms like dizziness. And that assumes you are properly hydrated, rested and not dizzy from drugs etc.

My resting blood pressure has always been 100/50. As far as I remember, it has always been that way. And the only time I got dizzy is when I let myself get dehydrated. But my situation is different from yours because I have never been on any type of medication whatsoever.

If you have to be on medication, go along with what your doctor tells you and don't worry about it. Based on my own experience, I don't think 106/59 is too low.

Old 05-24-2019, 12:19 PM   #3
    Crablegs
    (female)

Crablegs HB User
    Re: Norvasc low blood pressure

Thanks for your reply John. I guess I am shocked the pressure dropped so quick and not used to lower numbers. I am exhausted but being one week into the medicine I am sure it takes awhile for my body to get used to the drug and also having the lower pressure. I would rather not be on this second blood pressure medicine. I know I will need the one that I have been on for years because of genetics but been losing lots of weight and eating right and TRYING to exercise so I am hoping that gets me off the second medicine.

Reply Reply