It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Is my blood pressure too low

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-13-2019, 04:59 PM   #1
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User
    Is my blood pressure too low

I am a 40 yr old woman. I am in good physical condition. I have been to the doctors twice in 6 months. Every time I get my blood pressure checked it is about 95/55. Is this normal? Anyone with consistent low blood pressure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2019, 08:26 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Is my blood pressure too low

It's a tad on the low end of normal but you shouldn't be concerned. My sister's has been that forever. Mine was too till the family bad gene kicked in! Now with meds mine is usually 115/65.

Old 10-14-2019, 06:07 AM   #3
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

I have had low blood pressure for awhile now. I take Tylenol, for headaches, and wonder if that could be the cause. I just keep forgetting to ask my doctor if my blood pressure is normal. Thank you for replying to my post. Oh, and if I would drink my water, that might bring my blood pressure up a bit. Thank goodness that I am healthy. What medication do you take for your blood pressure?

Old 10-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Lisinopril HCTZ

Old 10-15-2019, 08:31 AM   #5
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Hi Chainsoflove!

My wife has had very low blood pressure for decades. At the same time, I had high blood pressure for decades, until in 2005, I was able to get my blood pressure down to healthy levels every hour of the day mostly thru diet. My blood pressure is still higher than my wife's!

I think that the reason why women tend to live longer than men is because women's blood pressure, with exceptions, is usually lower than men's blood pressure!

Congrats on the nice low blood pressure!

Regards, Bob

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:37 PM   #6
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Thank you Mochan and Titchou. I will try not to worry about it. My doctor hasn't said anything about my blood pressure being low. I will ask more questions the next time I have a doctor appointment. What a relief!

Old 10-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #7
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User

Hi Chainsoflove!

Two possible reasons for low blood pressure, in my humble, non-professional opinion are:

1. The individual is very healthy, with a very healthy metabolism.

2. The individual is very unhealthy with heart disease, where the heart is pumping weakly, causing less pressure in one's circulatory system.

You posted that you are 40 years old, have been regularly to doctors and you are in good physical condition. The chances that you have advanced heart disease or heart failure are almost nil!

Having a low blood pressure means that all of your organs and your circulatory system and your heart and your heart valves are not under any significant pressure. Having low blood pressure is giving your body a nice rest all the time. This is great. You need to bottle up your low blood pressure and sell it to others!

I've had heart failure since 1987. I have a massively enlarged upper heart. I am doing great despite significant damage to my heart. Why? I maintain a low blood pressure 24 hours per day. Whether 6am or 1pm or 10pm or 2am, my blood pressure is always low! My daily average of numerous readings is 121/71.

Regards, Bob

⇒ 900 weight lifts and 750 knee bends daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 10-16-2019, 12:42 PM   #8
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

Hi Bob,

I consistently have low blood pressure. I think I am healthy, and want to stay that way. Your blood pressure is great. Good for you I don't get as nervous as I used to. Maybe that is why my blood pressure is low. The CMAs placed a blood pressure digital wristband on me. Once again it showed a low reading. So she said she would check it in ten minutes to see if it was low again. I was a bit worried until you responded to my post. Thank you for sharing your story

Old 10-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #9
    Chainsoflove
    (female)

Chainsoflove HB User

I had a doctor appointment this morning. It is routine that a patient's blood pressure, oxygen and weight be entered into a computer. I felt kind of dizzy before my blood pressure was taken. Well, my blood pressure reading was 100/70. I was surprised and happy at the same time. Usually I am very nervous when I have to have a check up. Now, all I have to do is try to keep my blood pressure at a good level

Reply Reply