It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Lisinopril and Maxizde extreme Fatigue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2004, 11:48 AM   #1
    fanofopera
    (female)

fanofopera HB User
    Lisinopril and Maxizde extreme Fatigue?

Hi all I have been switching doses of these 2 meds for about 4 weels now. My bp started out at about 150-160/100/110 at the docs. So I started out with maxzide (a generic form actually) 25 mg/37.5. That didn't help at all so then I went to 2 of those pills. Still didn't help. Then I was back on one of those and 1 5mg tablet of Lisinopril. My bp went down to about 131/90. But the doctor wanted it down lower. So now I'm on 10mg of Lisinopril and 50 mg/75 mg of the Maxzide. My bottom number has dropped to the upper 70's to low 80's but now my top number has been back in the lower 140's. I feel so tired all the time. I was having headaches but those has subsided. Feel a little lightheaded or dizzy on occasions but I think it is mainly fatigue. Is this normal? and are these doses of med high? Thanks for any info. Kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2004, 06:26 AM   #2
    zip2play
    Inactive

zip2play HB User
    Re: Lisinopril and Maxizde extreme Fatigue?

It sounds like your blood electrolytes have gone wonky from the potassium sparing diuretic. Excess potassium (or too little) can cause your dreary symptoms. So can a low sodium (quite common.)
    Best get a blood test for minerals...

You can TRY to see the effect of drinking a glass of orange juice and a banana daily, but if you've got HIGH POTASSIUM that approach isn't wise.
    (But I'd try it though- I'm adventurous).

Best really is an electrolyte check at the doc's.

If you want to cut to the chase, you can skip the Maxide for a week and see how you feel.

Old 03-28-2004, 06:54 AM   #3
    fanofopera
    (female)

fanofopera HB User

Thanks for the reply. I will ask for a bloos test when I go back for a check on Tuesday but for my bp checks I always just see a nurse. So will see. I might quit taking the maxzide like you mentioned for a while and see if I notice anything different.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zip2play
    It sounds like your blood electrolytes have gone wonky from the potassium sparing diuretic. Excess potassium (or too little) can cause your dreary symptoms. So can a low sodium (quite common.)
    Best get a blood test for minerals...

You can TRY to see the effect of drinking a glass of orange juice and a banana daily, but if you've got HIGH POTASSIUM that approach isn't wise.
    (But I'd try it though- I'm adventurous).

Best really is an electrolyte check at the doc's.

If you want to cut to the chase, you can skip the Maxide for a week and see how you feel.

Old 03-30-2004, 04:18 PM   #4
    jtu91952
    Inactive

jtu91952 HB User

I know what you mean. I take lisinopril 20mg and hctz 25 mg. But now I take them in combo style(zestric) and I take it at nite before bedtime. I have less coughing and fatigue.. Good luck.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-11-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Closed Thread