It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• my dad's fluctuating blood pressure/help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2004, 08:41 PM   #1
    sigi41

sigi41 HB User
    my dad's fluctuating blood pressure/help?

My dad took this Noni supplement for 5 days and now for the last few days his blood pressure has fluctuated from normal to so high that his machine fails to record it. Today it was 126/67 at 8:00 am. At 12:30 it was 195/75 and at 2:30 it was 143/81 and then at 5:00 pm it was 185/76. He's never been on any medication and will be 90 in June. He refuses to take medication and I've given him some magnesium citrate and he takes 2 garlic capsules after every meal now. This was his best day since we started testing after the Noni supplement. Could there be a connection with the Noni and how can I help my dad?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2004, 10:20 PM   #2
    zuzu8
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
    Re: my dad's fluctuating blood pressure/help?

Well! My goodness. To reach the age of 90, your Dad must have been doing something right all these years!
    Need some more information though....I've heard of Noni supplements in a fruit juice form, but what exactly are the other ingredients?

Most important question is: Has your father's blood pressure been normal for his age, until he took the Noni supp?

zuzu xxx

Old 03-29-2004, 10:49 PM   #3
    sigi41

sigi41 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by zuzu8
    Well! My goodness. To reach the age of 90, your Dad must have been doing something right all these years!
    Need some more information though....I've heard of Noni supplements in a fruit juice form, but what exactly are the other ingredients?

Most important question is: Has your father's blood pressure been normal for his age, until he took the Noni supp?

zuzu xxx
    Thank you for replying. Yes, my dad's blood pressure was normal for his age. In the last four years there have been some fluctuations but not real drastic like this past week. Today, normal in the morning. Then couldn't get a reading for the next two measurements. Then a reading 178/74 at 2:00 pm.
    After that three more trials but couldn't get a measurement on his machine which tells us his blood pressure is over 200. Since he won't go on medication we will be receiving a next day shipment tomorrow of a supplement for reducing his blood pressure that contains shark cartilage and something called cordyceps. (30 day trial with money-back guarantee). Today, he almost didn't make it to the bathroom after white bean soup and cucumber salad and small glass buttermilk. He's had that combination before and no problems. Later, he said he had to go once again. So, I'm wondering if there is some connection, (possibly touch of stomach flue) contributing to the cause of the high blood pressure? My husband, my dad and I are flying to Germany on May 2nd for three weeks and so my concern is his blood pressure? I've called his doctor to get advice re: flying, etc., but so far no response. He says he is going no matter what. We are saying, "no way, if it endangers his life." Any suggestions if this new supplement doesn't work?

Old 03-30-2004, 09:24 AM   #4
    zuzu8
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User

Can't vouch for the supplement doing anything, nor can I offer any other suggestions, but you are right that it could be a stomach bug, which, in a really elderly person might be enough to elevate his BP like this.
    You definitely need your doctor's imput on this before a trip to Germany, I agree!

zuzu xx

Old 04-02-2004, 10:38 PM   #5
    sigi41

sigi41 HB User

Thank you for responding. We did get the supplement Pressure FX and the last two days, testing 3 x's a day his pressure has been normal (normal for my dad). We will keep checking his BP but have also talked with his doctor.
    Thank you so much for your help.

Old 04-03-2004, 04:10 AM   #6
    zip2play
    Inactive

zip2play HB User

Consider the effect of the buttermilk bacteria on the bean starches....If I drink my kefir with beans I'm doomed because the fermentation starts immediately upon mixing in my warm wet stomach>>>>>BOOM!
    Can't drink milk without a 4 hour kefir-free window unless I want an even BIGGER reaction than the beans!

(Kefir is a fermented milk similar to buttermilk but with many many times the amount of probiotic bacteria, yeasts, and fungi.)

Closed Thread