It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Quit my Diovan this week

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2005, 10:21 AM   #1
    Cyndee

Cyndee HB User
    Quit my Diovan this week

After much thought and worry, I quit my Diovan cold turkey. I did start taking 2,000 mg. of garlic per day however. I've monitored my readings 4-5 times a day. My highest reading was last night after 2-3 hours of stressful cooking to prepare for a party and that was 137/84. This a.m. it was 115/71 and after a large latte it was 125/87. So far, I'm encouraged, but realize the Diovan may still be in my system. I'm feeling so much better off Diovan, very energized. Just an FYI for anyone looking to go off their meds. Cyndee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2005, 11:15 PM   #2
    frank619
    (male)

frank619 HB User
    Re: Quit my Diovan this week

Good luck Cyndee, my post is about getting off the Diovan too. I am going to. I've already dropped Pravachol and Hctz (and I refused to go on the aspirin therapy my doctor wanted me on). A few people on my post have done what you are doing. Check out their experiences. But the next one to go for me is the Diovan, no matter what. I will probably wean off of it, though. I'm scared to death of all that stroke stuff the doctors warn you about. You know, I am not really scared of death per se. I'm more scared of paralysis or coma type stuff. But the Diovan has to go. I will not be a prisoner to the pharmaceutical companies any longer. Your bp numbers look good. Let us know how you do. Consider talking it over with your doctor, though. I know sometimes they are not willing to listen, they sure did not listen to me. But our health is our choice. It is our body and our life. I wish more doctors could understand this very simple idea.

Old 02-13-2005, 11:23 AM   #3
    florassecret
    (female)

florassecret HB User

You should avoid drinking any kind of caffinated drinks, as it can still raise your blood pressure.

I hope your doctor knows that you've just stop taking it, and if he/she said yes, to it then my appologies.

I do wish you the best of luck, I just don't want to see anyone not take something because the all of the sudden feel better.

BTW, my husband is on Diovan, and he's taking the highest dosage. And he feels great. But then he's supposed to go on an diet and loose 40 pounds too. And he's yet to try that. He's also stop drinking coffee. He's noticed a difference when he quit it.

Good luck.

Old 02-13-2005, 12:02 PM   #4
    evelyn1
    (female)

evelyn1 HB User

Do docs warn of stroke possibility when weaning off Diovan? I have just started 80 mg.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:26 PM   #5
    CASSIEBEL
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

CASSIEBEL HB User

BTW, my husband is on Diovan, and he's taking the highest dosage. And he feels great. But then he's supposed to go on an diet and loose 40 pounds too. And he's yet to try that. He's also stop drinking coffee. He's noticed a difference when he quit it.

I was just curious, how much coffee did he drink in a day?
    Thanks
    Cass

Last edited by CASSIEBEL; 02-14-2005 at 03:27 PM.

Closed Thread