It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• High Blood Pressure and Pressure Headache from allergies

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-12-2006, 09:33 AM   #1
    Live-Life-to-Love
    Veteran
    (female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User
    High Blood Pressure and Pressure Headache from allergies

Has anyone here found anything that works for them when the pollens are high and they have allery related presure headaches? It seems everything that works for normal folk are not good for people with high blood pressure.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
    Stumper
    Inactive
    (male)

Stumper HB User
    Re: High Blood Pressure and Pressure Headache from allergies

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Live-Life-to-Love
    Has anyone here found anything that works for them when the pollens are high and they have allery related presure headaches? It seems everything that works for normal folk are not good for people with high blood pressure.

I will tell you something that actually works better than ANYTHING I EVER tried in an OTC med.
    Claritin D-12. I mean it really works good and doesn't kake you feel all "medicined" up like some of the others. They have one that literally melts in your mouth FAST! You won't even hardly know you took something ! It's almost tateless!
    But I would get the pills that you swallow. I think they make a D-24 as well but I kind of liked the idea of twice daily dosing, when I get up and go to bed. It in a original prescription strength formula. Read the box.

It's one of the best OTC meds I have tried for colds, allergies, itchy watery eyes, and so forth. A little pricey though but worth every penny.

Get the non-drowsy, and it did not affect my BP like the others.

Old 03-12-2006, 12:30 PM   #3
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

One of the two components of Claritin-D 12 hour is pseudoephedrine. It can boost BP!

I'd stick to the antihistamines like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or chlorpheniramine maleate...both generic and OTC. But then it's easy for me to say because I don't have allergies.

Last edited by Lenin; 03-12-2006 at 12:32 PM.

Old 03-12-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
    Stumper
    Inactive
    (male)

Stumper HB User

Lenin,

For some reason the Claratin didn't affect my BP numbers,or so THOUGHT ...but , Oh well, I won't argue with the facts.

Perhaps it was that it made me feel so well in other ways that I didn't notice it if it did ?
    It acted very very mild and affective. I went to Walmart and it was the only one with an empty shelf.

Here is a story that happened about 2 weeks ago. My 24 year old daughter comes over sicker than a dog, flu symptoms, pain in the muscles, head, watery eyes and what not. She tried Vitamin C and Theraflu without alot of relief. We gave her 1 Claratin and within 1-2 hours she said she felt better than she did in 3 days ! And acted it.
    For some reason, and I do not have a box here cuz we gave them to her, I thought it had one entirely different ingredient in it than all the others. I think it started with an "L"

Old 03-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #5
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

loratidine, an antihistamine??
    Claritin is loratidine and pseudoephedrine.

Tell, you daughter her flu arrived in New Jersey a week later, not one bit undiminished in horror!

Closed Thread