It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Anyone take Coreg?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-15-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
    Emeraldeyes
    (female)

Emeraldeyes HB User
    Anyone take Coreg?

I am presently taking Clonidine and the Dr. needs to add something to the mix to control my bp better. I am very sensitive to drugs and have tried all the different classes with terrible side effects. I am kind of hesitant to start on this drug. I was wondering if anyone here on the board has tried it.
    I understand it is a alpha/beta blocker.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2006, 10:00 AM   #2
    arlmon18
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

arlmon18 HB User
    Re: Anyone take Coreg?

My Mom takes coreg - twice daily (I have to check her dose), for congestive heart failure. She takes cozaar for her BP, and other meds as well. She is tolerating the coreg well (been on it a few years).

Old 05-16-2006, 11:07 AM   #3
    npp33
    (male)

npp33 HB User

I take 6.25mg/2x/day and have had no problems besides initial drowsiness/sluggishness. That wore off...

Old 05-16-2006, 01:27 PM   #4
    Emeraldeyes
    (female)

Emeraldeyes HB User

Thanks for all your replies. I am just kind of concerned because I am so sensitivie to drugs. I don't know how it will mix with the Clonidine. I take .1mg 5/day. I have been on it a long time and I guess my body has adjusted to it since it doesn't bother me. I would like to wean off of some of the Clonidine. I was going to start out with the.325mg of Coreg. The dr. wants me to take it 2/day but I think I will just take it once/day to see how it does.

Since the Clonidine is such an additive medicine I kind of hate to add another one (beta blocker) to the mix.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:56 AM   #5
    arlmon18
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

arlmon18 HB User

What does your doctor say about taking those 2 meds together? Ask, if you're not sure what to do.

Closed Thread