It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Lisinopril..

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2006, 07:44 AM   #1
    syxx_35
    (male)

syxx_35 HB User
    Lisinopril..

My doctor switched me from atenolol to lisinopril today after I addressed my concerns from the last few days and being on the atenolol for the longterm. I told him I was getting really tired when I worked out and falling asleep at work. I have an assistant who is on it and has no problems whatsoever, but I wanted to reach out to a broader group to get some ideas of how well it works.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2006, 01:30 PM   #2
    cmunsey
    (female)

cmunsey HB User
    Smile Re: Lisinopril..

dear syxx 35,
    i am also on atenolol and lisinopril. i was recently put on the lisinopril. i have been taking the atenolol for years. my dr. told me that they work really well together. so far he is right. although my bp is not where it shoud be, it is better than it has been. i think you will find that it will work well for you too.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
    Uff-Da!
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Uff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB UserUff-Da! HB User
    Re: Lisinopril..

I was on Lisinopril for five years, at 30 mg for four of those years, then at 10 mg the last year. The doctor did start me out at 10 mg, but that was inadequate so it was changed to 30 mg within a month. My BP was only within the mild hypertensive range to begin with, so it kept my BP as normal as could be expected under the circumstances at the time. (I was caring for my husband 24/7 after his stroke, and between the stresses from his dementia and the chronic sleep deprivation, my BP was still yo-yo, but at least the range was down.) I had no problems with side effects at all, at least of which I was aware. Under the circumstances, I wouldn't have known if it added to the tired feeling, when I was often getting only 2-3 hours of sleep a night. I've never been on any other BP med.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #4
    2muchdrugs28
    (male)

2muchdrugs28 HB User

All,
    I take 5mg of Lisinopril per day and it is the only drug that I take. Initially, I had mild leg cramps and headaches after starting Lisinopril, but those symptoms went away after a few days. Also, I was taking a diuretic at the time I started Lisinopril but have since quit taking the diuretic.

Anyways, I am very happy with Lisinopril. It has effectively brought my bp down from 145/85 to the 125 / 75 range and now I don't have to take the diuretic. I take the Lisinopril at night before going to bed. I might be getting the cough associated with ACE inhibitors but my cough is intermittent and very mild. Most of the time, I do not notice the cough and it could be allergies or something else that's causing the cough.

I recommend giving Lisinopril a try.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
    syxx_35
    (male)

syxx_35 HB User

My doctor has started me on 10 mg and is having me stay on a diuretic. My biggest thing has been today my BP has went back up again and I have had headaches, hopefully it kicks in here soon so my BP drops. I hate it when it is this high.

Closed Thread