It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Lisinopril vs acid reflux

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-30-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
    nldaigle
    (male)

nldaigle HB User
    Lisinopril vs acid reflux

hello, i am desperate to figure out what makes me have a dry cough. i started taking lisinopril five years ago. it seems ever since i've had an off and on dry cough. its like a tickle in my throught or lung that causes a coughing fit. it seems to be more on than off lately. it is worse at night when i sit down to relax and then when i go to bed. the doctor says she thinks its acid reflux disease, not lisinopril. she says the lisinopril would not get worse and then almost go away at other times. i tried prilosec and other acid reflux meds to no avail. i get heartburn very rarely and i also have some nausea issues especially in the morning when i brush my teeth.that could be nerves though. i dont seem to have a bad taste in my mouth or bad breath. the cough also gets worse with colds -i suppose a chest cold combined with the baseline cough would do so. i recently had a bad cold and got a secondary bacterial infection which gave me a persistant more phlemy cough. i got on antibiotics which seem to have helped alot but still i have the baseline dry cough. my dentist has not informed me of any erosion of my tooth enamel. my mother and grandmother both could not take lisinopril because of the cough they experienced. i also read that ace inhibitors like lisinopril can worsen acid reflux. any experiences or suggestions?

The Following User Says Thank You to nldaigle For This Useful Post:
    onipa (02-20-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread