It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• BP Monitor and Check Bags

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #1
    perfect blue
    (male)

perfect blue HB User
    BP Monitor and Check Bags

Question...

Think it's OK to put my BP monitor in my check bag on a plane? Think the bumping or pressurizing will throw the thing off? Anybody ever tried it?

I usually take it with me in my carry-on, but with these new security restrictions it could get me delayed at the gate.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
    violet312s
    (female)

violet312s HB User
    Re: BP Monitor and Check Bags

I travel A LOT. I put my cheapo manual electronic BP monitor in checked and carry-on bags all the time. Have never gotten stopped at security when I carried on or had a TSA notice in the bag when I checked bags. Do yourself a favor and remove the battery (don't want it coming on mid-flight).

However, I have not yet had the chance to try to get it through carry-on given the new rules. As long as it works and you can show what it does, you should be fine. There are no restrictions on electronics.

So yes, it's fine. However, I wouldn't put one of the higher end models in checked baggage. Just get the cheapo version for travel.

(and yes I've already travelled 3 times since the new restrictions...going international this weekend)

Old 08-18-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
    perfect blue
    (male)

perfect blue HB User
    Re: BP Monitor and Check Bags

Thanks!

I travel about 10 days/month and have always taken the thing in my laptop bag. Haven't had a problem yet, but it takes up a TON of space in the bag. I'll put it in my check bag and see how it goes.

Closed Thread