It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• weaning off beta blockers- altace worse,please respond

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
    hopelyone
    (female)

hopelyone HB User
    weaning off beta blockers- altace worse,please respond

Won't someone here tell me what's going on with me? 9 days on 1/2 toperol, 7 days on altace because Dr is supposedly helping me wean off beta drug.And now I feel worse by the day!! My head and neck glands give me the weirdest feeling, so uncomfortable!! Like a headache but stranger, tingly - just plain weird. I want to skip the altrace tonight - won't someone respond??? I can't concentrate - My bp has been strange all day, up to 152/94 - now it is125/86.
    Is it the beta or altrace making me feel so sick??
    hope

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2006, 06:05 AM   #2
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
    Re: weaning off beta blockers- altace worse,please respond

The altace is no aid to stopping a beta-blocker, the mode of operation is too different. Some people have an AWFUL time with ACE inhibitors like Altace.

Just stop the altace as you wean off the Toprol. Take the 1/2 dose of Toprol for another week and then try 1/4 dose.
    If your heart rate goes over 100 at rest or your rhythm becomes irregular, go back to the 1/2 dose for another week.

After you're OFF the Toprol, then maybe the altace can be tried. Doing two things at once makes it hard to ascertain what is doing what.

After the Toprol, why not get a month of at-home, relaxed readings with NO drugs and see what your baseline is. But don't start this tally till you;ve been off the Toprol completely for at least a week or two.

While weaning off the Toprol, maybe a tranquilizer is a good idea...valium or xanax.

Last edited by Lenin; 11-08-2006 at 06:18 AM.

Closed Thread