It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• exercise does wonders

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
    Love and War
    Inactive
    (male)

Love and War HB User
    exercise does wonders

I am a teenager and I have had a blood pressure that really worried me. On an average night my blood pressure would be about 165/94 and pulse of 105. I decided to take action by eliminating sodium from my diet and eat more onions. My mom says onions can lower blood pressure just like garlic. Well after doing that my blood pressure lowered to about 140/87 and a pulse of 95. Much better but still not good. I had a broken arm that didn't allow me to exercise but after getting the cast off I immediately started to work out.(running, situps, and some weightlifting). Well, today I decided to check my progress and I am proud to say my blood pressure is 118/69 and pulse is 77!!! I feel wonderful now. I seriously encourage all of you with high blood pressure problems to work out as it has helped me a lot.

Last edited by mod-anon; 01-07-2007 at 10:25 PM. Reason: please do not post your age outside the teen forums, as per the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
    cartner
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User
    Re: exercise does wonders

Hi,

Can you tell me after how many weeks of exercising you got those great results?

I use an exercise program that maybe the best exercise program out there. It's called P90X and it has many exercises: cardio, weight training, yoga, something like karate called kenpo and more. I use 16 pounds weight and my blood pressure is good so I think I can add more but my problem is that I have dislocated my left shoulder twice before and I can't just double the weight I'm using. I have to take it step by step.
    Exercise is great for every cell in the body . I'm 24 and I hope that I can exerise as long as I'm living.
    Michael

Old 01-07-2007, 07:55 PM   #3
    Love and War
    Inactive
    (male)

Love and War HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by michaellabibat
    Hi,

Can you tell me after how many weeks of exercising you got those great results?

I use an exercise program that maybe the best exercise program out there. It's called P90X and it has many exercises: cardio, weight training, yoga, something like karate called kenpo and more. I use 16 pounds weight and my blood pressure is good so I think I can add more but my problem is that I have dislocated my left shoulder twice before and I can't just double the weight I'm using. I have to take it step by step.
    Exercise is great for every cell in the body . I'm 24 and I hope that I can exerise as long as I'm living.
    Michael
    It was 1 week.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:14 AM   #4
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User

Exercise, weight loss, and sodium limitation are the three best things anyone with hypertension can do for himself.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:15 PM   #5
    lylone
    Veteran
    (female)

lylone HB User

I have been walking/jogging on the treadmill at least 6 times a week for about 2 weeks and at night my blood pressure has gone down to 98/56. Now that is low!

Closed Thread