It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Questions about Analipril

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-09-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
    ToyWolff
    (male)

ToyWolff HB User
    Questions about Analipril

I have been taking Analipril now for 4 years. Recently I have noticed that I have been having panic attacks or anxiety attacks. I have nerrowed it down to the Medication due to the fact that I stopped taking the medication for a month and have had no episodes, then when I started taking it again, they started right back up.

The symtoms that I am having are:
    Increase in heart rate
    dizzieness
    the feeling like I have been there or done that before
    a funny taste and a funny smell

It will happen if I am sitting down at the computer
    watching TV
    driving the car/truck

to give an example, The last one I had was yesterday afternoon, I was talking with my wife, (while she was fixing her hair for a date) when I walked into the bathroom and was just standing there and it hit me. she asked me a question about her hair and I answered her with what sounded to me like a slured and studdering voice. I had to explain to her that I was having another attack.

If anyone can tell me what is going on, I would be greatly appreiated. I'm starting to get worried
    then we as Americans have lost

If you can read this, thank a teacher
    If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
    Lenin
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Lenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB UserLenin HB User
    Re: Questions about Analipril

Quote:
    I have nerrowed it down to the Medication due to the fact that I stopped taking the medication for a month and have had no episodes, then when I started taking it again, they started right back up.
    Well, that's the perfect test. Stop taking the drug.
    Enalapril (Vasotec) is an ACE inhibitor.

First tack:
    Try another ACE inhibitor...there are plenty out there (anything ending in..."pril")
    If symptoms persist switch to an ARB (angiotensin receptor blocker) like candesartan (ATACAND), eprosartan (TEVETAN), irbesartan (AVAPRO), telmisartan (MYCARDIS), valsartan (DIOVAN), and losartan (COZAAR).

Unfortunately none of them is generic yet so the prices are FAR higher than ACE inhibitors.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #3
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
    Re: Questions about Analipril

I definitely agree with Lenin on this. When I was first diagnosed, they put me on Altace, another Ace drug. It did nothing for my BP, but after a few months, I got a very heavy cough, not a dry one either, alot of phelm, and once I started coughing, it was an ongoing thing for at least 15 minutes at a time. Then I started with heart palps, and diarrhea for a few months. Dr. didn't think it was the pills, but I finally insisted to be changed, so they switched me to Avapro, an ARB. Took the cough about 3 weeks to stop, but everything else was doing better. 4 months ago I noticed the diarrhea coming back, had all sorts of tests done, found nothing. Dr. told me to stop the pills, but after 7 days I got jittery and went back on, but then started cutting the 150 in half, so now taking 75mgs., and I feel fine, and BP is still ranging about 118-125/72-78. Hopefully this is it!! Yes, price of them is high unfortuneately.

Good luck, it is all trial and error....

Closed Thread