It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Need a little more advise on micardis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-07-2007, 05:02 AM   #1
    lovemy2girls
    (female)

lovemy2girls HB User
    Need a little more advise on micardis

I go back to dr. today and I am a little worried . he put me on micardis last week. every since I have been taking it I have had stomache pains. today my face feels funny numb like tingley feeling light headed mouth numb stomache ache with sick feeling. I am also a diabetic so it could be level increase. I have to do a fast today for blood levels hdl a1c and that stuff, but I felt like this yesterday too. my blood pressure was 138/89 I think is what they said. he put me on 80 mg of micardis but I only take 40 mg. I thought the 80 was too high for my bp to be just that. is this a reaction to the micardis or does anyone know also I have very very blurred vision right now and feel very faint too. any ino out there please thanks for listening to my babbling I am new to this and very afraid.
    cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
    arlmon18
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

arlmon18 HB User
    Re: Need a little more advise on micardis

I'm also taking 80 mg. of Micardis Plus. Does your med have a diuretic ? I also take atenolol and norvasc, and I don't feel all that great either. I've been taking these meds for quite a while. I'm going to call my doctor and see if he can reduce some of these meds and see what happens. Good luck at your doctor's appointment.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
    Sonia567
    (female)

Sonia567 HB User

Sorry, I didn’t respond to your other post, as my kids were sick and I didn’t check the board yesterday. These are the symptoms I had with Micardis: first time on 40 mg, I didn’t have any symptoms other than losing weight : )since this drug helps with insulin resistance. At 80 mg; however, I had intense pressure/pain behind my eyes and excessive tearing, numbness/tingling in my legs, dizziness/lightheadedness, lethargy and decreased mentual acuity. Once, I even tried to go back on at 40 mg to give it another go, but I did have the eye pressure/pain at 40 mg the 2nd time around. That scared me enough to stop and never try that med again. Some doctors with tell you that there’s no way the med can cause these symptoms, but we know our bodies best. If you only have these symptoms when you take the med, and not when you don’t, then it is the med.

Last edited by Sonia567; 02-07-2007 at 09:45 AM.

Old 02-07-2007, 07:17 PM   #4
    lovemy2girls
    (female)

lovemy2girls HB User

thanks for the info. I missed my pill this morning because of the fasting and now tonight I feel like poop. I have been dizzy have had the chest pains again, but at the dr office my bp was 130/78 and that is not that bad I have not had the stomach pain today though.

Closed Thread