It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Metoprolol and Micardis Together

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
    John264
    (male)

John264 HB User
    Metoprolol and Micardis Together

My pressure is not abnormaly high, but it is unmanagable around 145-92. I've been on 50mg of Metoprolol for nearly 4 months (now 100mg) and it hasn't been effective, (I should mention that before that, I was on Lotrel 5/40 I didn't like the feeling) so the doctor up'd my Metoprolol to 100mg, No problem I adjusted to it fine, but my BP was still unmanagable (NO CHANGE) , Today my doc gives me Micardis 80mg to take together with Metoprolol 100mg.

Is this normal ? My BP did drop in 2 hours to 114-72, but my heart rate also dropped from 60 to 49

I dont want to take more then necessary. I've ready many threads here and saw that a lot of members with similar BP numbers only use Micardis .

Thanks John

Last edited by John264; 05-18-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2007, 07:05 PM   #2
    bethsheba
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
    Re: Metoprolol and Micardis Together

John,

Welcome to our forum! You're new here and apparently those on our board don't have alot of experience with your present drug combo...I don't either....but I will say that if you have concerns about adding a med to a med that doesn't work, sounds weird to me...did you ask your doctor or pharmacist why this was done? If not, it may be wise to do so before getting the prescription filled. I say this because my doctor mistakenly added my old med to my new med and if I hadn't questioned it, I would have been taking both...and of course adding to my existing problems.

If you're new to meds, it's sometimes helpful to gather info about the meds by reading and asking questions of the pharmacist BEFORE filling the rx. Some of us found out after the fact that the med should not have been prescribed given our family history, etc.

Hope this helps....and hope you're doing well.

Bsheba

Closed Thread