It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• 24 hr monitoring &"cuff anxiety."

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2007, 03:07 AM   #1
    famnd
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

famnd HB User
    24 hr monitoring &"cuff anxiety."

Anyone who has ''cuff anxiety or ww" have a 24 hr monitoring? I can't imagine have a machine take my b/p every 15-30 min or what ever. How could one get through that without being a wreck & in the ER?

Also, does your arm feel very numb afterwards? When I was taking my b/p very often my arms got so sore & numb. Fam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
    joefine
    Inactive
    (male)

joefine HB User
    Re: 24 hr monitoring &"cuff anxiety."

Anyone who has ''cuff anxiety or ww" have a 24 hr monitoring? I can't imagine have a machine take my b/p every 15-30 min or what ever. How could one get through that without being a wreck & in the ER?

--- I have the cuff anxiety thing, but it's only because I'm nervous when I'm in a doctor's office. I had the 24 hour monitor and I wasn't nervous at all. In fact I got used to it and found out what raised my bp and what lowered it. Sitting at the computer raised it, walking around lowered it - whatever that means.

Also, does your arm feel very numb afterwards? When I was taking my b/p very often my arms got so sore & numb.

Fam

--- I've never had that problem, Fam. --- Joe

Old 08-19-2007, 02:10 AM   #3
    penybobeny
    Inactive
    (female)

penybobeny HB User

Fam-

I took a few days to ask around (friends and family members that have had this) and got the following:

"Huh?"

A font of knowledge... sheesh.

A monitor that you wear for 24 hours will be fitted comfortably, you should not really feel it and it should not cause the numbness or pinch or anything like that... if it were to do so it could make the test inaccurate.

My best suggestion would be to give it a go... think of it as an annoying monkey that hugs your arm every time you are ready to forget it is there... lol. If you have any problems with it, then you should call immediatly to let them know, but chances are it should not cause you any difficulty.

Here is to hoping that it will give you some much needed answers and pinpoint a direction for treatment!

Old 08-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #4
    famnd
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

famnd HB User

Thanks Peny & Joe,

My upper arms were damaged by Cozaar so I guess that's why I am more sensitive to having my b/p taken. I just wondered in case I ever have to have it done. My Dr. said she would be very reluctant to try any other meds on me given my medical history. It would take a lot for me to try any other drug but since my HCTZ comes from China I may be forced into it. Fam

Closed Thread