It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Low Toprol 25mg dosage.. UPDATE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2003, 08:42 AM   #1
    hpbguyfromca
    (male)

hpbguyfromca HB User
    Post Low Toprol 25mg dosage.. UPDATE

Hi All,
    I have been on Diovan 80mg for about 6 months and have been feeling pretty good, with good BP readings. About 2 months ago, the doc told me to add 25mg of Toprol. I was ok for about a month and recently, I have been noticing I have been getting some "minor" side effects in the mornings.

These are:

Minor Dizziness - especially upon changing position (e.g., moving my head rapidly)
    Minor Fatigue
    Minor numbness in my face.
    Feeling a little more thirsty

These are pretty minor and I have noticed they tend to go away by around Noon. If I workout on a daily schedule they become further lessened (3.5 miles walking fast p/day). If I take a "small" aspirin after I wake up, I feel great all day, with no side effects.

I have also been reducing my carb intake (about 1.5 months on this) a bit and taking a complete vitamin supplement to make sure I am not lacking any vitamins. The carb diet is stable and I feel ok, although at first it was a little tough to get going (about 80 carbs per day presently, was at 160).

Anyway, the toprol did seem to cause my heart rate to lessen a bit. Before the toprol, I was consistently at 90pbm with "exertion jumps" during the day and about 60-70 at night. I have noticed that I am now about 10-20 bpm slower than before at any given moment.

Also form the Toprol, My BP is also about 5-9 points less on all sides. I was at around 128/82 with the diovan, and now I can achieve 123/77 with just a few minutes of relaxation.

Could the Toprol be causing these Minor side effects or is the dosage too low to be causing anything at all. Note: a 2.5mg dosage of Altace would bring me to my knees so I suspect I am very sensitive to drugs in general. The smallest dosage of aspirin or Ibuprophen works great for hours on me (not that I take Ibuprophen anymore).

Thanks,
    F.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread