It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Hey, anyone taking Micardis?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2008, 04:58 PM   #1
    Looly
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Looly HB UserLooly HB User
    Hey, anyone taking Micardis?

Dr gave me samples of Micardis. I am wondering if anyone out here in cyberland has anything good or bad to say about this medication. As for me, I'm scared. I haven't been on meds for a few years due to good readings. But lo and behold, out of the blue, my numbers have skyrocketed. So now the fun begins again...in search of a pill I could deal with, which probably will be none. Was formerly on Atenolol. Six months of pure hell for me. While some do well, I just didn't. So go ahead - make my day........tell me what you know about Micardis - puleese.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2008, 02:19 AM   #2
    marantz1935
    (male)

marantz1935 HB User
    Re: Hey, anyone taking Micardis?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Looly View Post
    Dr gave me samples of Micardis. I am wondering if anyone out here in cyberland has anything good or bad to say about this medication. As for me, I'm scared. I haven't been on meds for a few years due to good readings. But lo and behold, out of the blue, my numbers have skyrocketed. So now the fun begins again...in search of a pill I could deal with, which probably will be none. Was formerly on Atenolol. Six months of pure hell for me. While some do well, I just didn't. So go ahead - make my day........tell me what you know about Micardis - puleese.
    Hi,

Hope it's not too late to post a response.

I too was taking Atenolol, and like you said, it was awful. I'm now taking Micardis (20mg) and so far, so good.

With Micardis, most of my energy is back. I feel calmer. And my sleep seems back to normal. This happened almost immediately. I don't think I'm getting any side-effects at all.

What I like about this drug is that it's specifically for blood pressure.

Marantz.

Old 03-31-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
    arlmon18
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

arlmon18 HB User

I take Micardis plus (diuretic) and I'm fine with it. I also take 5 mg. of Norvasc and 50 mg. of Atenolol. I;m going to see my doctor and ask him to take me off Atenolol. The symptoms you described - not sleeping well, lack of energy, etc. - that's me. I also hate the fact that I have to take 3 meds for BP.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #4
    violet6
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

violet6 HB Userviolet6 HB User

Arlmon--

Hi! I saw something you posted on the ear, nose & throat board & was hoping to touch base with you about it. I've left a message for you there about it.

Thanks so much!!

--Violet

Closed Thread