It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• worried about stopping

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-19-2008, 11:24 AM   #46
    bethsheba
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
    Re: worried about stopping

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sally47 View Post
    ....i read my post and Ive not explained myself ..the pharmacist said that atenolol has a life of 12 hours and im sure she said lisinopril has a life of 24 hours.....
    Sally, you did explain yourself clearly...it may be a difference in countries, , as we usually refer to "half life's" over here so the pharmacist would tell us a 6 hour half life, . Confusing, eh???

But, the fact of the matter is, yes, it can last longer than 12 hours.

Hope you're doing well!!!

Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #47
    sally47
    (female)

sally47 HB User

hiya beth...im sure youll agree it does not matter how long they last beth its how they make us feel ......just like to say i feel better today seemed to have more energy..dont know why stiill on 50mgs of that stuff.. managed to get the house in order today cleaned the bathroom and i was at the shops three times today record for me ....but still have this morning anxiety !! need to mention it to the doctor ..have to go friday must have a sinus infection again my ears ..face ..ears are killing me ..cant complain the last was before christmas ...hope your doing all right .

sally.....

Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 PM   #48
    bethsheba
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Quote:
    hiya beth...im sure youll agree it does not matter how long they last beth its how they make us feel ......
    Oh, yes I do agree, .

Quote:
    ...just like to say i feel better today seemed to have more energy..dont know why stiill on 50mgs of that stuff.. managed to get the house in order today cleaned the bathroom and i was at the shops three times today record for me...
    Sally, it doesn't surprise me in the least. What might surprise you is the fact that I lost 10 pounds the first week after I stopped the atenolol....it was simply because I could MOVE again.

Quote:
    ..but still have this morning anxiety !!
    I'm afraid I have nothing to offer, there...do hope it gets better, and I suspect it will. Can't help but think the sinus thing is related to the atenolol also, but I don't know....take care, and good luck. It's good to hear you're doing ok!

Bethsheba

Last edited by bethsheba; 03-19-2008 at 12:32 PM.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:23 AM   #49
    sally47
    (female)

sally47 HB User

hiya ...just thought id let you know ..that i am now feeling better the palpitations have appeared to have gone ....and this morning i did not waken up riddled with anxiety ..but im on antibiotics just now sinus/chest infection ..so have a bit of an upset tummy but that's all..my bp seems to be staying in range ...my pulse can sit anywhere between 69-75..but when anxious the other day it hit" 83 "..which i took bad with ..you know in the past i would have difficulty locating my pulse in my wrist ....i am still getting anxiety but that's just me anxiety i think ..i also dont feel sleepy during the day now before i would sometimes fall asleep in the afternoon ...Ive never had the notion to do that this week ...i assume it must have been cause my heart rate was so low ....i know that over the next week my bp might start rising and that i will have to get another bp med ..this time with the knowledge i have now.. i will be discussing and deciding with the doctor the best med to suit me ..preferably something with little side effects !!

i hope you are all well and talk to you soon ........sally

Last edited by sally47; 03-22-2008 at 02:02 AM.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:29 AM   #50
    marantz1935
    (male)

marantz1935 HB User

Hi Sally,

Glad to hear you are doing better.

You mentiond your heart rate reaching 83, mine got to 100 yesterday. I've gotten to a stage now with the whole BP business where I try to 'let go' and not worry as much. I'm trying to adopt a 'let it happen' approach and it seems to work.

My own values this morning were: 97/66/67 on 40 mg of Micardis.

Marantz.

Old 03-24-2008, 03:32 AM   #51
    sally47
    (female)

sally47 HB User

hello beth..marantz....just updating you ...im glad to say the palpitations seem to have gone just get the odd here and there like ive done for years ...the anxiety (the mad ..off my head feeling is gone ) just my normal day to day anxiety ..which sometimes stops me doing things but thats fine im used to it now ....my bp settled back to the normal range and pulse is around 59-67 ...i feel better not so tired ...have more colour in my face and a bit more energy ..still feel a bit slow in the mornings ..as i take all my meds at bed time except for 25mgs of atenolol which i take between 2-4 pm ..its the only way i can take them (doctor knows ) i would not be able to function in the day time if i took them mornings...have doctors app tonight have to bring the last few days readings in for her to look at ..i think she"ll be pleased...ill let you know what happens at the docs ...many thanks for your support last week and words of encouragment ..youll never know how much they helped ...(((BIG HUGS ))) to you .

sally......

Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 PM   #52
    bethsheba
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sally,

Thank you so very, very much for letting us know how you are doing...am comforted to know you are doing well, that the color is returning to your cheeks, that your pressures and pulse are ok, and that your anxiety is back to "normal", . I think you'll find that you'll have more energy as the days go by....it took about 4-6 weeks for me to get back to my "normal".

Am so glad to know that marantz and I have be able to provide you with some support....sometimes I feel so helpless because I can't take away the pain, the anxiety, the fear...all I can do is to say it happened to me. But then again, maybe that helps.

Take care, sally. And (((BIG HUGS))) to you, too.

Bethsheba

Old 03-25-2008, 12:50 AM   #53
    marantz1935
    (male)

marantz1935 HB User

Hi Sally,

It's great to hear that your life is improving.

I know when I first came to the boards after being diagnosed with elevated blood pressure, I was in bits. But the support and the feeling of not being alone (and it does feel like you are alone), from the guys here is what got me to a place where I could try to accept my condition.

Marantz.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:16 AM   #54
    sally47
    (female)

sally47 HB User

hello Beth and marantz ...went to the doctors yesterday with my readings ...she was pleased with the readings ...and the slightly higher ones we both agreed (anxiety ) still feeling all right if my bp should creep up and stay up for 1-2 weeks then Ive to go back to the doctor ..i know this might happen but will not worry about it (might not happen ) ... Ive been very stressed the last few days my dog had major surgery on Monday ..when i went to vet to collect her got such a shock and of course major anxiety/panic ..would hate to think what my bp shot up to on Monday lol.. doctor offered me antidepressants for anxiety but again i declined the offer .i hope your keeping well Beth ....and marantz did you get the problem with your bp machine sorted ? hope your doing all right ...ill pop in now and again to keep in touch ...Beth ..marantz thank you once again .

((((LOADSA HUGS))))
    sally.......

Old 03-26-2008, 06:23 AM   #55
    bethsheba
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Quote:
    ...Ive been very stressed the last few days my dog had major surgery on Monday ..when i went to vet to collect her got such a shock and of course major anxiety/panic ..would hate to think what my bp shot up to on Monday lol.. doctor offered me antidepressants for anxiety but again i declined the offer...((((LOADSA HUGS))))
    sally.......
    Oh sally,

Being a critter lover, and having pets who have had terminal illnesses and have been in critical care, I think it's safe to say I understand how stressful having a sick creature can be. I do hope you're both doing much better.

I'm smiling about declining your doctor's "offer" as I have learned to decline some of my doctor's offers, too, and am all the better for it! There are other things we can do to take care of ourselves...pills aren't always the answer.

Take care, sally...and ((((HUGS)))) to you, too!

Bethsheba

Old 03-26-2008, 06:30 AM   #56
    marantz1935
    (male)

marantz1935 HB User

Quote:
    ....doctor offered me antidepressants for anxiety but again i declined the offer.
    Me too, in fact my GP 'offered' antidepressants on three separate occasions. I made it clear the only drugs I'll take are the ones I absolutely have to take.

Marantz.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:57 AM   #57
    sally47
    (female)

sally47 HB User

hi Beth and marantz ....just popped into to say that ..im feeling a lot better since halving my dose of atenolol ....my bp settled back to normal better readings and my heart rate stays in the 60s ..im not so tired ..dont feel like sleeping during the day now which is GREAT ....seem to have more life in me ...and anxiety is at a minimum most days ......my only problem these days is the odd ache and pain ..if i sit to long ...and my carpal tunnel which is playing up again more of a nuisance ...and i managed to go out Friday..Saturday ...to the local park with my family as we had a couple of days good weather and i managed to go to church Sunday and was there for nearly 2 hours ..mass and rehearsals for my son .... and Ive not had morning anxiety for nearly a week (maybe menopause ?) ..i still think that atenolol has been the cause of most of my anxiety over the years ...read the advice slip that comes with the meds for atenolol last week one of the side effects (ANXEITY).......

Beth ..marantz i do hope the both of you are doing all right ....
    sally......

Old 04-07-2008, 02:25 AM   #58
    marantz1935
    (male)

marantz1935 HB User

Quote:
    ..i still think that atenolol has been the cause of most of my anxiety over the years
    Hi Sally and it's nice to hear from you again.

I am on 20mg of Micardis at the moment and I don't feel any side effects. In contrast to my time on Atenolol, it is the complete opposite. Just goes to show the impact certain medication can have on an individual.

You sound very well Sally and it's really great that you are getting some of your life back. Long may it continue.

Marantz.

Old 04-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #59
    sally47
    (female)

sally47 HB User

hello everyone ..... thought i would give a quick update ...it has been well over a month now maybe six weeks since my atenolol was reduced from 100mgs a day to 50mgs a day ...the first two weeks was sheer hell but am happy to say im feeling great ..my b/p sits around 114-123...69-64 with my pulse always in the 60s....twice in that time ive had my pulse drop to around 54 .....also my anxiety stays at a minimum not had morning anxiety for a while now ....i often wonder was my b/p a bit high because of atenolol or because atenolol gave me more anxiety than normal so made my b/p high hard to say .....up to now things look good also had my cholesterol blood results (no action required ) so thats good as b/p and cholesterol go hand in hand with one another .....

marantz i hope all is well with you and your meds are still doing their job ...

sally.......

Old 04-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #60
    marantz1935
    (male)

marantz1935 HB User

Hi Sally,

Glad to hear you are doing well. I'm not bad at the moment. My numbers this morning, upon waking, were 112/71. I seem to be tolerating the Micardis reasonably well. I got my monitor checked at the doctors the last day and she said it was fine. I see as well my pulse rate is good at around the 60's and 70's. So all been told, things are improving.

Marantz.

Closed Thread