It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Increase BP for no reason?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
    sharon88
    (female)

sharon88 HB User
    Unhappy Increase BP for no reason?

I had an increase in my blood pressure yesterday. I am on my menstrual period,now i dont know if that has anything to do with it,but i went to the bathroom,and my blood pressure rose.I could notice something was going on cause i looked in the mirror and my eyes were greatly dilated.And i was shaking and didnt feel good.I am on two blood pressure medications. Atenolol
    and Hydrochlorothiazide. After a while,my blood pressure did gradually go back down to a more reasonable level. But it is a scary feeling when i think gee,am i going to have a stroke or something? Luckily it doesnt happen very often but sometimes out of the blue it will.

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-06-2008 at 12:07 PM. Reason: starting a new thread with this post.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2008, 01:53 PM   #2
    famnd
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

famnd HB User
    Re: increase of bp for no reason?

Sharon,

If you were straining to have a bowel movement, then that could cause your b/p to rise. Eating 3-5 serving of vegetables, 2 servings of fruit, exercising daily, & drinking at least 8 (8oz) of fluid a day will help prevent constipation. HCTZ can cause constipation since it is a diuretic which takes a lot of fluid out of your body. Hope that doesn't have again as I know it is scary. Fam

Closed Thread