It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• natural ways to lower bp?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 AM   #1
    bubblegum3p
    (female)

bubblegum3p HB User
    natural ways to lower bp?

i have had hbp the last 3 visits to dr. and he didnt even suggest anything i can do naturally to try to lower it, just gave me pills and that was that. he put me on dyazide 37.5-25 mg. i got the generic though triamterene-hctz (dont think it matters though) and im too scared to take it cuz of all the side effects ive heard about it. i dont want to be dizzy all day! and peeing all day! i would like to try to get it down myself...is that possible???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
    jayva
    (female)

jayva HB User
    Re: natural ways to lower bp?

I am not sure how high your blood pressure is but I would at least try 1/2 of your hctz. That may be enough to reduce it. My dr. prescribed 25mg but I only take 12.5mg plus my univasc and that was all I needed. If your blood pressure is too high it is really nothing to mess around with. All the natural things I have tried never worked.

Old 06-23-2008, 08:12 AM   #3
    bubblegum3p
    (female)

bubblegum3p HB User
    Re: natural ways to lower bp?

my bp really isnt that high....when im at my dr.s it's 130/98 give or take a few numbers each time, but the first time i was there i was really nervous(was there for broken leg year ago and not healing right), second time i had rushed over there and it was raining, had no windshield wipers so i was stressing and as soon as i got there i was called into the back( so of course it was high!) and the third time i had to pee so bad! so of course it was high then! when i check it at home it's always around 112/78....now it does go up after i smoke a cig. or clean the house but isnt that normal? i called him and told him this and he said oh, i put u on a low dose anyways, you'll just pee alot...well im scared my bp is gonna drop too low !!! i did take one and i was sick! i had diarrhea for 2 days, and was sooo tired/fatigued....and he said oh, it's cuz you have to get used to the new med. i think ima try an otc diuretic cuz i am a lil bloated (pms).......but i really dont think i should be on this med. or should i? i will be anxiously waiting your reply!

Old 06-26-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
    MeganBoris
    (female)

MeganBoris HB User
    Re: natural ways to lower bp? -Megan Boris

Have you ever asked about consulting with a dietitian? A lot of dietary triggers can increase your BP. Have you ever heard of the DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet? <removed> Unfortunately some MD's prescribe medications over trying to alter lifestyle factors first. Investigate seeing a registered dietitian. <removed> Hope this helps! -Megan Boris

Last edited by mod-anon; 06-26-2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: do not post info on how to find websites

Closed Thread