It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Advice on coming off doxazosin/cardura

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
    sporti
    (female)

sporti HB User
    Advice on coming off doxazosin/cardura

Finally being taken off this bp drug due to a pulse of 45 and blood pressure of 110/52. Ive been told to just come off it immediately BUT im wary of doing this as i was told to do this with atenolol and almost ended up in hospital. Has anyone come off this drug and if so did they come off it slowly? Thanks very much. For anyone about to go on this drug be very aware of your pulse/heart rate.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
    Flutterby51
    (female)

Flutterby51 HB User
    Re: Advice on coming off doxazosin/cardura

Hi...I posted a question about the side effects of cardura a few weeks ago, and had no response whatsoever. I've noticed the same with your posting, so I am guessing it's not a highly prescribed medication. I am on cardura 4mg daily, and am not feeling at all well, very detached from everything with an irregular heartbeat, but I have just found out that I am diabetic, so it's hard to know whether how I am feeling is down to the cardura or the diabetes. My sugar levels are coming down well now but I still feel rough, so if this goes on much longer then I will want to try a change in the cardura, which is a shame as it does help my blood pressure. There is no way that I will stop the cardura cold turkey though, as I came off propranolol some time ago and had an awful pounding heartbeat with the slightest movement. It was scary. I would come off any tablet slowly now. Good luck with your withdrawal and I hope you feel better.

Old 08-20-2008, 11:52 PM   #3
    sporti
    (female)

sporti HB User
    Re: Advice on coming off doxazosin/cardura

Hi

Thanks for replying. Youre right about it being very good for high blood pressure - almost too good. It brings it down very quickly but with dramatic side effects - in my case fainting! Its generally used for men with prostate problems actually! and is a third line medication for BP. I know that for this drug you are supposed to start on 1mg and work up so if you have just been put on 4mg immediately it will give you palpitations. Im now just coming off it slowly - makes more sense to me. Hope you get on alright.

Closed Thread