It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• feeling crappy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-07-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
    laria82
    (female)

laria82 HB User
    feeling crappy

I was sick yesterday (diaeherra all day) today I am tired and lighthead. My blood pressure is 104/53 heart rate is 106. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Should I be worried?

My blood pressure is usually low NOT that low, and my heart rate is usually around 85-90. I am 25 year old female.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
    famnd
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

famnd HB User
    Re: feeling crappy

Your heart rate increase & the diarrhea make me think of too much thyroid hormone. But your low b/p doesn't fit. You need to see a Dr. Make sure you are drinking enough fluids & getting enough potassium, salt & other stuff that gets low when you are having diarrhea. Fam

Old 09-08-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
    aether4
    Veteran
    (female)

aether4 HB User
    Re: feeling crappy

Have you possibly ate something bad lately? Food poisoning is easy to pick up and so is an unbalance of the bacteria in your digestive tract. I also heard from my doctor last week that there has been a stomach virus going around.

The reason your BP is low and your heart rate is high is likely because you're getting dehydrated. You probably also have a low grade fever causing the higher heart rate.
    If the diarrhea keeps up go to the ER or your doctor, get fluids and medication to help.

Though personally I think 104/53 looks fine, that you feel bad probably has more to do with you being sick.

Just a suggestion though, for you and anyone reading. If your diarrhea is bad and you've taken antibiotics in the last 2-3 months - tell them you've taken antibiotics. I forgot to tell them this in the ER a couple weeks ago and it resulted in me being improperly treated with more antibiotics which made me sicker.

Last edited by aether4; 09-08-2008 at 07:12 AM.

Closed Thread