It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• I get headaches with high B/P and MD doesn't believe me!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-10-2008, 04:03 PM   #16
    jann71
    (female)

jann71 HB User
    Re: I get headaches with high B/P and MD doesn't believe me!!

About 10 years ago I saw a doctor and told him about my "high blood pressure headaches". He looked me right in the face and said "high blood pressure doesn't cause headaches". I never went back to him after that. The next one I saw diagnoised me with high BP and I have been on medication ever since. My dad has suffered with high BP for years. When his is up he gets a bad headache. Anyone that has had a BP headache knows its not like any other headache. It's brain busting. The ones I've had felt like it would feel so much better if my nose would just bleed. It's a horrible pressure headache that nothing helps, except for your BP to go back to normal. So yes, there is such a thing and any doctor that says there isn't shouldn't be a doctor. I don't blame you for changing docs. I sure would.

Last edited by jann71; 12-10-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2008, 10:45 AM   #17
    flowergirl2day
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

flowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB Userflowergirl2day HB User
    Re: I get headaches with high B/P and MD doesn't believe me!!

You are so right!

Nothing helps relieve a high blood pressure headache but normalizing the blood pressure. I had these awful headaches for several years and hope to never experience one again. All I was given were muscle relaxants for "inflammation" (which I didn't have). The pain was horrible to live with. The headaches finally stopped once my blood pressure was brought under control. You won't find many references to blood pressure headaches in medical texts for some reason. Perhaps that is why some doctors don't believe they exist. That is also why I was glad to find them mentioned in well-respected medical literature.

flowergirl

Closed Thread