It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Nausea with lisinopril. . .

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
    LeeAnn76
    Inactive
    (female)

LeeAnn76 HB User
    Nausea with lisinopril. . .

I'm back asking about lisinopril because I know I need this medication, but I expected the side effects to get better as time has gone on. I did have a lot of diarrhea at first, but that seems to have cleared up---that is listed in all the literature for lisinopril.

But the nausea continues. And the strangest thing is that it occurs almost like clockwork around 2-3 in the afternoon----I start getting really nauseated--no vomiting or anything----and if I take some dramamine or
    meclizine (otc antivert) that really helps.

I have been on it for about a month----I am on 10 mg and I tried going to 5 mg for a few days because of the side effects, but then my bp was not controlled enough.

So I am doing the 10 mg and also the atenolol which I have been on for 5 years---I switched from amlodipine to lisinopril for a number of reasons, so it is new to me.

Has anyone else had problems with nausea and did they go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
    brebre
    Inactive
    (female)

brebre HB User
    Re: Nausea with lisinopril. . .

Leeann,I am very biased against this Lisinopril as it almost failed my kidneys.
    I have a hard time adjusting to side effects of these meds. For example, now I take Norvasc and I have these leopard spots on my hands and feet. My concern is that if I get spots externally, what in the word is going on internally?
    My high blood pressure is completely from excess weight which I am diligently working on.
    Hopefully I can get completley off of this stuff.
    Bre

Closed Thread