It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Altitude and high blood pressure

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #1
    londonlin
    (female)

londonlin HB User
    Altitude and high blood pressure

I am going to England at Christmas and would like to know if you have any problems with the altitude and high blood pressure? I am on medicine and finally it is under control compared to a year ago. I take Atacand 8mg twice a day. Has anyone had problems with flying that far with high blood pressure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
    zuzu8
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
    Re: Altitude and high blood pressue

londolin,
    I've flown that transantlantic route dozens of times with no adverse effects on my blood pressure. If your BP is well controlled and you have no other mitigating health issues, fly fly away!
    And bring me back some Maltesers!

zuzu

Old 06-19-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
    cartner
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

cartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB Usercartner HB User

there is nothing to worry about at all, just make sure you take care of time difference and medication.
    Have a good flight
    Mick

Old 06-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #4
    famnd
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

famnd HB User

My neighbor's b/p went out of control when he traveled to a higher altitude. It took at least a year to get it under control. The med book I have says altitude can be a problem with HBP. It all probably depends on how controled your b/p is to begin with. I would take a b/p cuff & ask your Dr. for a b/p med that you can take just in case you have problems. Lebetalol is a good emergency drug to take for spikes. Fam

Closed Thread