It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Lisinopril, opinions, please.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-25-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
    mariposa9
    (male)

mariposa9 HB User
    Lisinopril, opinions, please.

My doc wants to pt me on lisinopril along with hydrichlorathiazide; which i'm already using. I don't like bp medicines. And the diuretic pill was working fine until last week when I got an awful case of heartburn.

What side effects would i expect from lisisnopril?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #2
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
    Re: Lisinopril, opinions, please.

You may do just fine on it. Lisinopril is an Ace drug and the biggest complaint from those is a nasty cough. Many say they get a dry cough..I got a very deep cough that produced tons of mucus. You really won't know until you try it.

Good luck...JJ...

Old 06-12-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
    Lolianao
    (female)

Lolianao HB User

I was started on Lisinopril 2 months ago and it's been wonderful!!! I have episodes of PSVT where my heart rate goes extremely high PLUS I have high blood pressure.

My doctor tried a couple different beta blockers and even a calcium channel blocker and I could not tolerate any of them until we tried Lisinopril. The other bp meds made me so sick I was in total misery.

I'm very sensitive to meds and Lisinopril is the only med I take right now. He started me off on a 10mg tablet and it lowered my bp too much so I take only 5mg every morning now and it keeps my heart rate in check, from the 140/90's to now a steady 110/70's. The only exception to that is when I exercise and it rises.

I have ZERO side effects from taking Lisinopril. My doc did explain that some people can develop a cough with it but thankfully I'm not one of them. Plus it's only a $4 RX bill! It has worked out to be exactly the drug I needed. I was doubtful after not being able to tolerate the others but so thankful this one works.

Hope you have a good experience with it if you choose to take it.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
    Exegesis
    Veteran
    (male)

Exegesis HB UserExegesis HB User

Hi Mariposa,

For me Lisinopril worked great, except I couldn't tolerate the side effects. BTW, I noticed in searching through older posts that you had differences between your right and left arm readings. How big were the differences, do you still have them and did you ever find out what caused it?

Regards, Brenden.

Closed Thread