It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• how long to get hydrochlorothiazide out of my system?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2011, 07:33 PM   #1
    Writer Guy
    (male)

Writer Guy HB User
    how long to get hydrochlorothiazide out of my system?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get hydrochlorothiaze out of my system? I want to switch to an herbal high blood pressure preparation, but, since a couple of the herbs (dandelion and mistletoe) interact negatively with hydrochlorothiazide, I want to let the drug leave my body, as much as possible, before I start the herbal tonic (HB Pressure Tonic). does anyone know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #2
    soflsun
    (male)

soflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB Usersoflsun HB User
    Re: how long to get hydrochlorothiazide out of my system?

The plasma half-life has been observed to vary between 5.6 and 14.8 hours, so I would give it at least 3 days to be on the safe side...

Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
    HJN
    (female)

HJN HB User

Did you try the herbal blood pressure preparation and did it work to lower your blood pressure? I just quit taking my hydrochlorothiazide because I couldn't stand the side effects anymore and want an alternative. Thanks

Old 06-18-2011, 05:55 AM   #4
    jamie007
    (female)

jamie007 HB Userjamie007 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HJN View Post
    Did you try the herbal blood pressure preparation and did it work to lower your blood pressure? I just quit taking my hydrochlorothiazide because I couldn't stand the side effects anymore and want an alternative. Thanks
    HJN, I'm just curious as to what side effects you had with hctz and what dose you were/are taking? i'm taking 12.5 mgs a day but have not gotten to that dose just yet. i've been working my way up with half that dose for a few days now. I also take 2.5 mgs of bystolic and even with this small dose of hctz my bp is runnng around 121 over 78 and thats the lowest i've seen in years! i'm trying to get off bystolic and use hctz alone....I've had very little urine output though so i dont know how it is helping but it is because the hctz alone my BP was STIlL in the 130's over 80's..this one i'm happy with and i've not had any side effects except maybe headaches but i'm also using Omnaris nasal spray so one of them may be causing the headaches which just come and go but nothing too bad...thanks.

Closed Thread