It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• how dangerouse is a high B/P & pulse reading

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
    ozzyie135
    (female)

ozzyie135 HB Userozzyie135 HB User
    how dangerouse is a high B/P & pulse reading

i have a very complicated medical history and im so scared. but my question today is;

Just how dangerous is it to have a Blood pressure reading of 137/160 with a pulse reading of 142 and this is at rest with no activity????

I have been like this now for over 3 weeks and each time i get tested it is increasing the thing is i normally suffer with extreme low BP because of my Primary Addison's but since my operation that went wrong;
    IE, had a simple op to clamp my left ovary 4hours after the op i was rushed back into theatre as i had a massive internal hemorrhage they found over a liter of blood in my tummy the bleeding stopped but they never knew or found where the bleed came from., I had to be resuscitated then was given a 5 pint blood transfusion my tummy now is swollen and im very constipated have pain in my chest for the last 12 days but the doctors are still taking there time havent even been given an ECG to see if my heart is ok...SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT THESE READING ????
    with all my other conditions going on im really scared ...

Last edited by ozzyie135; 06-15-2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: added more to post

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User
    Re: how dangerouse is a high B/P & pulse reading

The 137 isn't all that bad but your 160 and pulse of 142 is NOT good. What kind of tests have they done on you to find the problem? If your Drs. aren't solving your problem is there a hospital ER you can go to? I seriously would be concerned about those numbers, especially after what you have been through.

Best wishes...JJ...

Old 06-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
    Flutterbye77
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User

I wonder if she meant 160/137

Old 06-17-2011, 02:44 AM   #4
    ozzyie135
    (female)

yes sorry i meant 160/137.....

Old 06-17-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Honestly..both numbers are too high especially the lower one as is the pulse. I've had a couple of 145-160s when I went for surgery but then it came right back down after the surgery was over. Seeing you also have some other health issues I hope you have made an appt. with your Dr. to see what is going on.

Best wishes and keep us posted...JJ...

Old 07-03-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
    ozzyie135
    (female)

Hi, Before i start i just wanted to say a big thankyou to all that have given me advice on here with out you all i think i would have gone insane by now

i am seeing my endocrinologist today about my B/P its still high 154/122 with a pulse of 132 at rest even after cutting my fludrocortisone in half for the last week, still no change to my high BP. Hope i get some answers today as to whats going on with me as I really havent felt well for weeks but this last week has been awful, I wont go on & on listing everything im feeling & the pain im in, as i will bore you to tears & we will be here all day,.

What does frighten me thou is that i can feel my heart racing and thumping all the time, some days ive been getting pain just above my left boob also this weird headache i keep getting in the side of my head the pain is just above my right ear, intense & sharp but it only last for 10 to 30 seconds real wierd then its gone this can happen many many times through out the day or just the once but OMG never felt pain like it before...
    s and be here all day..

I must say though my faith in doctors is going down hill fast, my life is in there hands and i dont feel safe at all anymore.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #7
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sorry to hear your still having problems. Please let us know what the new Dr. says and maybe he/she will finally get to the root of your problems. Yes, sometimes you run into Drs. who just take your faith away, but trust me..there will be one or two out there that will restore it.

I was at the end of my rope about 3 years ago with Drs. then after a visit with my GI Dr. who I love, he put me in touch with 2 new Drs., a PCP and ENT and I can't thank him enough as they are SUPER!!!

Good luck...JJ...

Old 07-06-2011, 02:42 PM   #8
    jamie007
    (female)

jamie007 HB Userjamie007 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ozzyie135 View Post
    Hi, Before i start i just wanted to say a big thankyou to all that have given me advice on here with out you all i think i would have gone insane by now

i am seeing my endocrinologist today about my B/P its still high 154/122 with a pulse of 132 at rest even after cutting my fludrocortisone in half for the last week, still no change to my high BP. Hope i get some answers today as to whats going on with me as I really havent felt well for weeks but this last week has been awful, I wont go on & on listing everything im feeling & the pain im in, as i will bore you to tears & we will be here all day,.

What does frighten me thou is that i can feel my heart racing and thumping all the time, some days ive been getting pain just above my left boob also this weird headache i keep getting in the side of my head the pain is just above my right ear, intense & sharp but it only last for 10 to 30 seconds real wierd then its gone this can happen many many times through out the day or just the once but OMG never felt pain like it before...
    s and be here all day..

I must say though my faith in doctors is going down hill fast, my life is in there hands and i dont feel safe at all anymore.
    Ozzy, I was following your story and hoping to hear how things turned out.
    What did they do for you? I hope you are ok now?
    I cannot stand a high pulse and it pounding in my ears and my chest.
    I take a beta blocker to keep it quiet now and I feel so much better on just a
    very low dose for it. Hope to hear how things went...

Old 07-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #9
    ozzyie135
    (female)

Hi i saw my endocrinologist last week and he started me on a blood pressure tablet called Olmetec 10mg a day to try lower my BP. Ialso have had a 24hr urine sample test done to see if my steroids levels are causing the problems. Ive got to wait 2weeks to see if there is any change to my BP and if my steroid levels are OK then more tests have to be done...

I am shocked that they are not monitoring my BP till 2 weeks time though as i am getting terrible headaches and feel very faint but at least some thing is being done at long last.

One good thing is that i am being referred to kings college hospital in London for my Addison's so hopefully they will find out what is actually going seriously wrong with me now.

Its so scary not knowing what my future holds for me or what else they may find wrong but at least if they do i can deal with it and get the proper treatment needed before its to late..

All i want out of life is to be able to bring my boys up and be a proper mum again, Its the not knowing that is the biggest & scariest thing to handle I'm only young at 39 and it feels like my life has ended already...

I'm praying finally now we may start to find out the truth & if they cant fix me I'm hoping they can keep what ever is wrong stable without getting any worse .

being on this website helps me so much because of the kind people like yourselves taking the time out to reply i cant thank you and every one else that has replied to some of my threads your all angles to me thank you with all my heart

Old 07-12-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
    JJ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Well finally at least something is being done, even if it is testing. I have been checking this thread as well to see if you have replied and gotten any Drs. to help. Sorry to hear your still in pain etc. but at least you know they are finally trying to do something.

We wish you all the very best and do keep us posted...JJ...

Major prayers going your way...

Closed Thread