It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• Postural Hypotension??Heat??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
    dizzyandsad
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

dizzyandsad HB User
    Exclamation Postural Hypotension??Heat??

Hi all I am new to this board here is a little of my background. I am 31 and a stay at home mom. I have had Migraine Associated Vertigo for 6 years now which means for 6 years I have been dizzy, offbalance, and had vertigo. It is NOT fun believe me, on top of all of this I have anxiety and panic disorder. with meds I was able to go from feeling only 30% to 80% and I stayed at 80% for three years I felt like I had my life back, I got hit with inner ear fluid following an ear infection in march and have bumped all the way back to 30% its hard and stressful....icing on the cake I have low blood pressure most would love to have that right? well not me I also have issues with vassal vagal reflexes. when I was younger and I got piercings I would suddenly feel faint and almost pass out that happened 3 times, then I was at a medical procedure for my sister and I fainted in the hall (after that I was dizzy for the six years not sure if there is a correlation but that day was the day my life changed forever) then I almost fainted a year later maybe low blood sugar who knows I went to the ER and they told me to eat more sodium and it was vassal vagal im still not sure, then I almost fainted in a first aid class, then in march right before I got real ill again I was thinking about getting a tattoo and I was worried it might make me faint so I did some research on fainting and friggin almost fainted had to lay on floor and beg it to pass, been feeling awful for 5 months now. Well the heat has been awful here been a few weeks of 80-95 degree weather and high humidity, I have been short of breath and the past week I have been feeling woozy upon standing even though I stand up slowly, yesterday it happened again and I just barely made it upstairs to my bed before the faint came on, this morning I took my bp laying down it was 96/60 sitting up 84/60 and pulse was 98 then I stood up and bp dropped to 73/53 and my pulse shot up to 125. I had to lay down cause I felt like I would faint. it took me three times to get out of bed.....ok first off fainting is my BIGGEST fear EVER it never fails to send me into a panic you would think with all the times it happened it would be no big deal but I am literally trying to get into therapy just to get past this fear that is how debilitating it is. I went into the Dr's today and talked to her about it she thinks the heat has dilated my blood cells cause my blood to pool and she says to increase my sodium (which I have been doing for 5 years already) and increase my water I guess I am only intaking like 1/2 of what I need to be. I am concerned about my low blood pressure so she will refer me to a cardiologist to see if I need meds. Long story short I am very upset and scared, the heat is seeming to really be affecting me and I am trying to find others out there that struggle with this same issue (postural/ orthostatic hypotension) and gets worse in the heat?? I need to know I am not alone and not to be so afraid and if there are any tips on how to get through it. I am home alone all day with my 10 and 7 year olds and im afraid to get out of bed for more than a few mins at a time!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    low blood pressure, postural hypotension