It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• High cholesterol very concerned

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-25-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
    Neekz12345
    (female)

Neekz12345 HB User
    Red face High cholesterol very concerned

Hello

Recently after receiving my annual blood report from the doc I found out my cholesterol level is pretty high and my doctor mentioned that my level is like a 50 to 60 year old's cholesterol. I am 28 years old and it's freaking me out. It's been a month since I have changes my whole lifestyle by eating healthy and increased my exercise. I have been eating a handful of walnuts everyday, eating oatmeal every morning and taking fish oil capsules. NO RED MEAT.My question for anyone who maybe once had high cholesterol, can I bring my cholesterol level down by continuing to follow this healthy life style?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #2
    rebecca70
    (female)

rebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB User
    Re: High cholesterol very concerned

Try red yeast rice and policosinal -two supplements that you get at any vitamin store
    They have an effect similar to Lipitor without the side effects.Get a brand of red yeast rice that is standardized. Check it out on alternative health websites. Three months on this should make a big difference.

Old 06-09-2015, 11:09 AM   #3
    mountainmama201
    (female)

mountainmama201 HB User

My cholesterol has come down after i started eating avocado daily. Quit worrying about the red meat. Just avoid CAFO meat.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

What were your numbers? Some doctors don't really know what is high and what isn't. Never just accept that some testing result is low/high/whatever. ALWAYS get the exact scores from your doctors on all testing that you have. The report from the lab will show proper ranges, etc. And someone should have the same cholesterol levels at 28 as 55. Age has precious little to do with it.

I'd be careful about fats - stick to non fried foods and red meat. Add salmon once per week or at least take Omega 3.

Old 06-09-2015, 03:07 PM   #5
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

What were your numbers? Some doctors don't really know what is high and what isn't. Never just accept that some testing result is low/high/whatever. ALWAYS get the exact scores from your doctors on all testing that you have. The report from the lab will show proper ranges, etc. And someone should have the same cholesterol levels at 28 as 55. Age has precious little to do with it.

I'd be careful about fats - stick to non fried foods and red meat. Add salmon once per week or at least take Omega 3.

Closed Thread

Tags
    cholesterol, ldl, young adult