It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

High & Low Blood Pressure Message Board

• High blood pressure/high blood sugar/Hip Replacement

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-19-2015, 12:57 PM   #1
    ovationlady
    (female)

ovationlady HB User
    High blood pressure/high blood sugar/Hip Replacement

On 2/10/15, I woke up at 11:00 pm feeling like my heart was coming out of my chest. I did my blood pressure and it was 189/89 and heart rate of 101. I am a type 2 diabetic, but my sugar is well under control, but I did my blood sugar and it was, at wake up, 153. Since then, to date, I've been monitoring my blood pressure about 5 times per day and it runs about systolic from 147-203 over from 78-98. Heart rate ranges from 84-103. My blood sugar tests have been in the 150 range to 235 range during the day. I am having hip replacement surgery on March 5, 2015. Comments? Thoughts? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2015, 06:52 AM   #2
    Machaon
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
    Re: High blood pressure/high blood sugar/Hip Replacement

If I was going to have major surgery, I would want to be as healthy as possible prior to surgery. I would, at least, make sure that the doctors and surgeons were well aware of any health problems that I was experiencing and question them as to the wisdom of going ahead with surgery with heart irregularities and unhealthy blood pressure and unhealthy blood sugar readings. Better safe than sorry.

For the longer term... perhaps a healthier anti-diabetes, anti-insulin resistance diet would help? When someone has become Insulin Resistant, their body's metabolism and endocrine systems are messed up and do not function in a healthy manner.

For myself, I've found that an ovo-vegetarian, 1200 calorie, six meal diet has reversed my Diabetes 2; and has greatly improved my Insulin Resistance. I eat every 2 hours. As a result, I've never had to take medications for either Diabetes or Insulin Resistance, and I do not need any blood pressure medication.

I've stopped ALL snacks and just eat my normal, small, 6 low calorie, low carb, balanced, very healthy meals each day. My fasting blood sugar (FBS) has been in the lower 80's and my blood pressure has remained around 122/72 ALL THE TIME.

I realize that my strict, small meal diet would be difficult for most people, I thought that I would post about it anyway, to show the power of diet for things like Diabetes, Insulin Resistance and High Blood Pressure.

Best of luck and health!

⇒ Do it yourself SLIT greatly improved my asthma
    ⇒ I make my own dentures with moldable plastic pellets. Saves me $$$
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

⇒ 900 weight lifts, 750 weighted knee bends, bike daily
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Machaon; 02-20-2015 at 07:24 AM.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:31 AM   #3
    ovationlady
    (female)

ovationlady HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Machaon View Post
    If I was going to have major surgery, I would want to be as healthy as possible prior to surgery. I would, at least, make sure that the doctors and surgeons were well aware of any health problems that I was experiencing and question them as to the wisdom of going ahead with surgery with heart irregularities and unhealthy blood pressure and unhealthy blood sugar readings. Better safe than sorry.

For the longer term... perhaps a healthier anti-diabetes, anti-insulin resistance diet would help? When someone has become Insulin Resistant, their body's metabolism and endocrine systems are messed up and do not function in a healthy manner.

For myself, I've found that an ovo-vegetarian, 1200 calorie, six meal diet has reversed my Diabetes 2; and has greatly improved my Insulin Resistance. I eat every 2 hours. As a result, I've never had to take medications for either Diabetes or Insulin Resistance, and I do not need any blood pressure medication.

I've stopped ALL snacks and just eat my normal, small, 6 low calorie, low carb, balanced, very healthy meals each day. My fasting blood sugar (FBS) has been in the lower 80's and my blood pressure has remained around 122/72 ALL THE TIME.

I realize that my strict, small meal diet would be difficult for most people, I thought that I would post about it anyway, to show the power of diet for things like Diabetes, Insulin Resistance and High Blood Pressure.

Best of luck and health!

Old 02-20-2015, 07:47 PM   #4
    CS1
    (male)

CS1 HB User

You would do your high blood pressure and diabetes a lot of good if you would increase both your water AND salt intake (sea salt) and avoid soft drinks, coffee and other beverages that dehydrate the body.

High blood pressure doesn't work the way doctors and most people think it does. The common belief is that eating too much salt holds too much water in the body, resulting in too much pressure in the cardiovascular system - This isn't how it works.

High blood pressure is caused by chronic dehydration. The reason for the excess salt is because the brain instructs the kidneys hold onto extra salt to hold in whatever water can be attracted.

When you get dehydrated, the blood thickens and turns a dark red in color. This can easily be seen if you're not on blood thinners or other medication that thins the blood (such as aspirin). If your blood is in its natural state, observe a drop of blood from your finger - it will be dark red and thick. This is NOT a sign of "too much water".

Dehydration causes a loss of fresh water from inside the cells (66% loss), a loss of a water/salt mix outside the cells (26%) and a loss of water from the blood (8%). When the blood loses this 8% of water and the blood thickens, it puts more work on the heart to pump the thickened blood through the narrower arteries. This is what raises the blood pressure.

The areas inside the cells and outside the cells must remain in a critical balance to maintain good health. When you get dehydrated and they lose this balance, a hormone called vasopressin is produced to filter fresh water from the salty area outside the cells and inject it into the cells, using the raised blood pressure for the injection process.

You lose about one quart of water per day through respiration and another quart through kidney function. Every time you urinate you lose salt as well. This water and salt MUST be replaced every day. When it isn't, you start developing a water deficiency. Soft drinks and other beverages contribute to the problem because they're diuretics.

On the subject of diuretics, the reason they work to lower the blood pressure is because the water they remove from the body comes from the salty area outside the cells, not from the blood. Removing water from this area reduces the difference in the water levels of the two areas (inside and outside the cells), requiring less pressure needed for the injection process - hence the blood pressure lowers.

But blood presure can't be maintained this way because it doesn't fix the initial cause of dehydration. Only an increase in water can do this.

Other medications such as ACE inhibitors or beta blockers work to make the arteries more pliable so that they can allow the thickened blood to flow through them easier. This treatment by the doctors themselves proves that it isn't a water and salt problem like they claim.

The bottom line is, doctors don't understand the role of water in the body and so they don't know how high blood pressure works. If they did, there would be some kind of a miracle pill on the market that would cure high blood pressure.

Last edited by CS1; 02-20-2015 at 07:49 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    blood pressure, blood sugar, heart rate