It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board

All ARS Symptoms but HIV Negative

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2015, 03:41 AM   #1
Sunflowery
(female)

Sunflowery HB User
All ARS Symptoms but HIV Negative

This post is for all of you worried souls, frantically googling symptoms, unable to eat or sleep, worried you might have contacted HIV.

This all started about 3 months ago, when I had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend several times over the weekend. I didn't think to use protection because I was on the pill, and I trusted him enough to be safe of any diseases. But that was a stupid stupid mistake I deeply regretted.

After three weeks of being with him, I developed a very weird discharge. It was also accompanied with pain during urination. I went to get tested and discovered I had gotten Chlamydia. After a course of antibiotics I was cured. But this got me worried. Every time I would google STDs, HIV always showed up. And if it was possible to get Chlamydia the risk of getting HIV is rather high too. So I thought I would just wait and get tested. I haven't felt sick which was a sign of acute infection so that gave me some peace of mind.

After another three weeks, I woke up with a severe headache, sore throat, swollen lymph node, muscle pain, nausea and chills. This got me really really scared. I started googling ARS symptoms of HIV. My symptoms sounded like the normal flu you would accompany with early HIV symptoms. I tried to calm my mind that it was nothing and just probably gotten a normal viral infection. After a few days I developed mouth ulcers. 7 mouth ulcers to be exact. Two were so big it didn't even seem normal. Then the fever came. It was so bad and so hard to eat with the sore throat and mouth ulcers, I had to go to the doctors and they ordered a CBC. My white blood cells were high, my neutrophils were high, and my lymphocytes were abnormally low. And after googling low lymphocytes, of course HIV came up again. I read ARS can cause a sudden drop in your lymphocytes because the virus is attacking the cells that are trying to fight them. So this got me crazy worried. At this point I found it hard to eat or sleep. I was on the internet every chance I could get. Nonstop googling symptoms of HIV. Reading posts of people experiencing ARS and comparing mine.

After a week of feeling incredibly ill and taking antibiotics for my sore throat. All the symptoms disappeared and I finally felt well again. The only thing I was feeling at that time was extreme exhaustion and mild headaches. After a few days of feeling fine. I suddenly noticed a small rash on my hand. This really freaked me out, as I know the rash is something most people with ARS will get. That was one thing that was keeping me sane that I didn't get the rash yet.
Throughout the day the rash got worst and worst. Started on my hands, then on my torso, upper legs and back. The next day it had multiplied so much it was all over I couldn't wear shorts or a T-shirt without a jacket. I had to go to the hospital to get a steroid shot and oral antihistamines so it wouldn't further spread. I had the rash for one week before it disappeared completely. Then I knew for certain all this couldn't just be a coincidence and it had to be HIV. The timing was right and I had almost all the symptoms already, including my low lymphocyte count.

I was so scared and it was the only thing I could think about every second of the day. The first thing I think about when I wake up and last thing I think about before bed, before the end of my googling. I have never been more sure of anything in my life. I knew for certain I had it.

So I finally had the courage to go to an Infectious Disease doctor and he ordered a HIV Viral Load test which could detect the virus early on. It was 3 months past exposure so I knew it would show.

I slowly tried to accept that I had it. It was so difficult every morning when I wake up, It's so depressing to think that this is my reality. But I had to be strong and talked myself that everything will be alright. Medication will keep me healthy and alive.

The day I went to get my results I was so anxious. I dropped by a church to pray for strength and acceptance of my situation. I was finally ready to start my new life being HIV positive.

When I opened my results I couldn't believe it was NEGATIVE!!! I had been so sure and all symptoms agreed with me. I cried and cried, and really felt this was my second chance in life.

So my lesson for you all, don't base everything on symptoms. The only thing that will determine if you are HIV positive is a test. Stress can cause so much anxiety and weaken your immune system. Our mind is so powerful and can get the best of us. I hope all of you will learn something from my experience. Stay of the internet if you can, it was just cause you more worry. And lastly, always be safe, never trust anyone even if you think you know the person, they also may not know if they carry any diseases, many dont have any symptoms. Be safe everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
aids, ars symptoms, hiv, hiv testing, std