It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board

Am I Living With HIV?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 PM   #16
iammatdol
(male)

iammatdol HB User
Re: Am I Living With HIV?

Can someone tell me if I was in the high-risk category?

I'm still afraid. And I still haven't gone for the test. I feel like such a failure.

I'm feeling a little calmer cause the diarrhea and nightsweats seemed to have ceased, but what I forgot to include was that I wake up in the morning, and sometimes have peeling on the inside of my lips and inner cheeks. Can somebody ease my worries and tell me what this could be, other than HIV?

Thanks. Sorry for letting all you people down and not going for the test yet.

stupid.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #17
Apollo123
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

I wouldn't high risk no, but not one person can speculate about your health online, the only way is to test, maybe sooner than later in your case buddy. Look we have all been their like yourself, so we know the stress, but it's just something that needs to be done

Last edited by Apollo123; 12-03-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #18
iammatdol
(male)

iammatdol HB User

I am still here. Untested. And fearful.

"Symptoms" are still there. I put then in inverted commas as I'm sure a number of senior veterans would be angry that I'm still diagnosing my symptoms, which I know that I should not do.

1) Nightsweats still occur a bit.

2) Peeling in mouth on the inner cheeks seem to stop after changing toothpaste.

3) Loss of appetite is still there. Though I still eat when I need to.

4) Developed twitching all over my body. Sometimes in the thigh, calves, forearms, etc.

5) Seem to develop some nasal congestion too. Never experienced this for quite sometime and not in such a prolonged frequency. Never had sinus problems in my life.

I know I can't diagnose these "symptoms" and a test would end all fears (ironically it can also confirm all fears, I suppose).

However, this is my dilemma.

I'm from Singapore. Stigma here has prevented the levels of routine and regular testing as seen in US, UK and Australia, and the unsubsidized costs of HIV treatment options deter many people from going ahead with testing, fearing that they find themselves positive and posed with a financial burden. Even developing neighbours, such as Cambodia and Malaysia provided subsidised HIV treatment options for their population! This is where my dilemma comes in.

I would not be working (as in having a stable paying job) till july/august next year. If I go for anonymous testing, and if I test positive, I would automatically be referred to my nation's (so wonderful country!) CDC for further HIV/AIDS management. If I do not have a paying job now, I can't go for testing and test positive, and leave my family with this burden. I'd rather die at my own hands then to see my mom slogging some more due to my mistakes. I cannot do that.

Technically, there is a 50% chance of testing positive (I can only be either negative, or positive) and those chances are too high for me to go for testing now. I'm just wondering if it is wise for me to wait till July/August to go for the test. Need opinions.

Thanks.

Old 12-30-2011, 06:55 AM   #19
smiteler
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatdol View Post

Technically, there is a 50% chance of testing positive (I can only be either negative, or positive) and those chances are too high for me to go for testing now. I'm just wondering if it is wise for me to wait till July/August to go for the test. Need opinions.

Thanks.
you want an opinion?
go seek professional help!
what you are doing is not logical,rational or factual .
it is something you have inflicted on to yourself!!!!

waiting to take a test because of fear of the results changing?? NOT

a 50% chance of being positive from unprotected oral
when NOBODY has ever been confirmed to be infected in that way! NOT

where do you come up with this rubbish?

this is not normal thinking and it is very obvious that you need help
in person to straighten out your way of thinking
which is wrong and very dangerous to you!!

Old 12-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #20
Apollo123
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User

A risk is a risk, only taking a HIV test will end the questions and give you the answer your looking for. Im not getting drawn into a debate when a test will be devinative at this time.

Best of luck and let us know how you get on.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:08 AM   #21
smiteler
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

i'm not angry,i feel sorry for you.
your problem with hiv is self inflicted.
nobody has ever been confirmed as to getting infected thru oral sex.
answer me one question

how can it be a viable risk when there is not one confirmed case out there?????

Old 01-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #22
Apollo123
Facilitator
(male)

A HIV test will confirm your status, that is all that needs to be added.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:07 PM   #23
iammatdol
(male)

iammatdol HB User

Sigh.

Thanks Apollo and Smith.

Just as how your replies seem to be laboured and tired in the nature of advising me, it reflects exactly how I feel as of late. Laboured and tired, stressing over a positive result.

Thanks once again. Hopefully I'll find the courage and be well.

Hopefully its just me being stupid and paranoid, though I highly doubt this case.

Thank you.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #24
smiteler
Senior Veteran
(male)

the best thing to do is get tested
that will end all the speculation and it is the best thing for you.
no matter what happens, you will cope with it.
it will not be as bad as you are thinking.
good luck

Closed Thread