It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board

Scared almost to death about hiv

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
Jymgerson
Inactive
(male)

Jymgerson HB User
Exclamation Scared almost to death about hiv

I am so very stupid. A short while back, l had a short sexual encounter with a friend. There was no penetration whatsoever, but there was oral sex.

I know what this site's idea is. To say oral sex is not a risk for hiv. I don't blame you for not knowing, as you aren't doctors, but l do recommend you check what the CDC has to say, they are the experts.

Anyway, back to the story.

The girl had ended her period and l was recovering from a really harsh flu and my throat was A LITTLE BIT sore and phlegmy. My partner's vagina did not smell good and it was not aroused at the moment (meaning she wasn't wet nor was the vagina spread, but there was a weird sticky film on the vagina lips l assume was smegma but l am worried there could have been some fluid)

Other than that, there was just hand play and that was it.

My question is...how screwed am l? I am very worried as l KNOW l took a really high risk and testing is not a possibility at the moment due to various reasons. Starting with the fact that if l was infected l'd still be in the window period among other things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2013, 04:36 PM   #2
Jymgerson
Inactive
(male)

Jymgerson HB User
Re: Scared almost to death about hiv

Mind you l don't recall there being any blood but her period had ended recently and l had a sore throat and possible mouth bleedings.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
smiteler
Senior Veteran
(male)

smiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB Usersmiteler HB User

this site gives you the facts
not ideas!
a closed mind can be a very lonely cold dark place..
oral sex is not a route for a HIV infection.
but since you already stated that you know more about HIV
then all of the posters here,
i figure i'm wasting my time spending another
second of my time trying to convince you otherwise.
btw
i'm a person who has carried the virus for 15 yrs
and also has been in close contact with HIV research doctors that long,
so all i will say is
come back with your test results and prove me and the posters here wrong.
fwiw
HIV is nothing to fear!
it is easy to prevent,
easy to test for and find
and they also have meds that will slow it down so much
i will probably live as long as you will..
good luck,you will need it with the way you think

Old 11-29-2013, 12:48 AM   #4
blokecalledkev
Senior Veteran
(male)

blokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB Userblokecalledkev HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymgerson View Post

I know what this site's idea is. To say oral sex is not a risk for hiv. I don't blame you for not knowing, as you aren't doctors, but l do recommend you check what the CDC has to say, they are the experts.
Hi,

Buddy this site does not have a collective stand or idea on any medical issue. All anybody is ever offered on this site is peer to peer advice from members who do not profess to be experts on any subject matter. In this particular sub forum of this site many members have taken the time to research, extensively, this subject of HIV.

The advice you or any other member will be offered here is an individual opinion based on this research. This research extends beyond reading what is said on CDCs website and looking at expert opinion from those who actually work in this field.

The opinion from many leading world experts in this field is that oral sex does not pose a risk of an infection. Not only is saliva non infection it contains enzymes and proteins that break down the very fragile virus rending it non-viable. Many of the same experts quote extensive studies on oral sex and HIV and none, as in not one of these experts have never come across anybody who as ever contracted HIV from oral sex.

Buddy, HIV has been around some 30 years and there has not been one, not a single confirmed case of anybody contracting HIV from oral sex alone.

HIV, despite the fear and needless worry it still generates is an extremely fragile virus will only ever pose a risk of an infection within the confines of the human body, which is the only place it is infectious. Once exposed to air this fragile virus is rendered non-viable. Any bodily fluid outside the confines of the human body does not pose any risk whatsoever. The only, scientifically, confirmed risk of an HIV infection ( sexually) is when an unprotected penis is within the confines of another body (unprotected anal and /or vaginal sex), this is not an opinion, this is fact.

Based on these facts, my opinion and I stress this is my opinion, is that you were not at risk and have no need to worry. Whether you take my opinion is up to you. To change my opinion it will take far more than out dated information backed with absolutely zero data, on one of many websites about this subject.

Kevin.

Last edited by blokecalledkev; 11-29-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Old 11-29-2013, 06:17 PM   #5
ty7721
(male)

ty7721 HB Userty7721 HB Userty7721 HB User

Not to be harsh, but why come here, imply the people here don't know what they're talking about, and then ask for advice? Perhaps you can call the CDC hotline? The point is, even the CDC will admit they are rather conservative in their feedback - they error on the side of caution. I'd say the more "expert" advice (and trust me, I've studied this virus for over 18 years) is on this very site as opposed to the CDC. Read the peer-reviewed studies on transmission and you'll discover that if you use condoms for sexual intercourse, you will AVOID HIV infection.

Closed Thread

Tags
aids, cunnilingus, hiv, oral sex, worried about hiv