It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

HIV Prevention Message Board

Brief & Shallow *unprotected* receptive anal penetration

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-27-2014, 01:55 AM   #1
fearanddoubt
(male)

fearanddoubt HB User
Exclamation Brief & Shallow *unprotected* receptive anal penetration

Hi, some days ago I got drunk (1st mistake) met a man at a gay club and we ended up engaging in heavy kissing in the storage room in the back of the club. He then pulled my pants down, licked his fingers and started stimulating my anal area. This lasted for about 10-20 seconds and then he turned me around and kept on doing it for about another 10 seconds.... Then comes the tricky part: I felt a poke, a push that made my external anal sphincter expand I moved away IMMEDIATELY. Realizing what was about to happen I freaked and pulled my pants back up, he confesse he wanted to penetrate me, I asked if he even had a condom and he said condoms and him didn't mix well... Which made me think he could be a person at a high risk of HIV (come on, he tried f****** me bareback in the storage room of a gay club).
I'm really scared cause its the first time i see myself in this kind of situation. I tested early this year three months after my last sexual encounter (protected) and hadn't had sex ever since.
The part that worries me the most is that I was really wet and dilated and about 1/4 inch of the head of his penis might have slipped inside. (Dipping, I guess this is called, though i've read different opinions about this practice)

Given the duration and the superficiality of the "poke", would you say I had a high or a low risk of acquiring hiv from this encounter?? (assuming he is hiv positive)

I just want to tell you that I will get tested no matter your opinion, I just want to prepare mentally for what to expect, as my anxiety is now getting the best of me...

Thank you in advance for assessing my risk.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2014, 03:34 AM   #2
Apollo123
Facilitator
(male)

Apollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB UserApollo123 HB User
Re: Brief & Shallow *unprotected* receptive anal penetration

You use the word "might" have penetrated you, well that's the key to this. Only you will know if he did or did not.

If he did, your risk is very small indeed due to the time scale and depth although it warrants testing. If he didn't but your being paranoid then you don't have a risk from HIV.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
fearanddoubt
(male)

fearanddoubt HB User

Maybe the "might" is wishful thinking... As I said, I felt my outer anal sphincter expand, which means he went further than safe...
If there was penetration though, it lasted for less than a second, literally- there was a push and I moved away as soon as I felt it.

I really hope I don't ruin my life after this one moment, letting myself being exposed like this is something that got me thinking a LOT and it has changed me for good.
But I cannot afford the meds for this illness and I'm currently living in a foreign country, making me unelegible to receive government support.

Do I have ood chances of dodging a bullet here? I want to cry just by typing this.

Old 04-27-2014, 10:16 AM   #4
fearanddoubt
(male)

fearanddoubt HB User

Maybe the "might" is wishful thinking... As I said, I felt my outer anal sphincter expand, which means he went further than safe...
If there was penetration though, it lasted for less than a second, literally- there was a push and I moved away as soon as I felt it.

I really hope I don't ruin my life after this one moment, letting myself being exposed like this is something that got me thinking a LOT and it has changed me for good.
But I cannot afford the meds for this illness and I'm currently living in a foreign country, making me unelegible to receive government support.

Do I have ood chances of dodging a bullet here? I want to cry just by typing this.

Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #5
joggen
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

You would definitely know if you were penetrated. It sounds like there was pressure on the sphincter, but you aborted actual penetration. I don't see a risk here.

I suggest that you have a test for psychological assurance, but expect negatives.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #6
fearanddoubt
(male)

fearanddoubt HB User

Hi, i took a 4th generation (duo) test a couple of weeks ago (at 4 weeks) and it was negative. I heard the test is like 99% reliable by that time, but somehow I can't believe it.

I'm so scared I'm planning to test again in 10 days (at 7 weeks). What do you think are my odds of testing positive??

Old 05-22-2014, 05:05 PM   #7
joggen
Senior Veteran
(male)

joggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB Userjoggen HB User

The test proves that HIV is not your problem.

I really think your imagination is the problem and it's feeding your anxiety. It's placed doubt in your mind and you haven't been able to let it go.

Well, a negative DUO at 4 weeks should be telling you to let it go. Virtually everyone who has an actual risk that led to infection will test positive at 4 weeks with a DUO.

There is nothing more that we can tell you here. Try the mental health forums on this board if you still can't let this go.

Last edited by joggen; 05-22-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Reply Reply

Tags
anal, dip, hiv, msm, risk